• Latest reply from SarahJames
  • Topic Viewed 523 times

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

http://news.softpedia.com/news.....0822.shtml

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Well to be sure Yahoo do NOT seem to be doing much about it. I am getting some yahoo stuff with pretty awful links.
I have informed as many as I can re this, but to reinstate hacked yahoo (and hotmail) accounts is not easy.

Over the last few years I have tried to get friends, and clients, to transfer to gmail at least.

Some don't want to do this!

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

I know what your saying Mike, I do have a gmail account as well but I just can not trust Google at all anymore, so many fingers so many pies, and still they don't feel as though they have to justify what they do to peoples privacy.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I agree with G.S. I trust Google about as far as I can spit upwind in a stiff breeze.

I can't use Hotmail because *&^%$#@! M$ will not let me use it unless I have ALL my cookies enabled. Like THAT is going to happen!

I don't want to use my internet provided email because I would lose it if I change providers.

The only big one left that I can depend on being around for a while is Yahoo. Depite it's security issues, it's still the lesser of the evils. Changing passwords frequently is the best protection one can have from hacking. My yahoo account has been hacked only once. I caught it pretty fast and fixed by changing the password. If someone I receive emails from shows signs of being hacked, besides telling them about it and how to deal with it, I also change my password as a precaution (granted, I'm probably being overcautious but I'm a coward). Also, if I hear news of a hack in, I change my password.

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

With Yahoo, also ensure they LOG/sign OUT after changing password and re sign in...

sometimes password is not enough on it's own.. according to Yahoo a while ago...

edit forgot to say clear cookies.....

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

"I can't use Hotmail because *&^%$#@! M$ will not let me use it unless I have ALL my cookies enabled. Like THAT is going to happen!"

I have 3rd party cookies blocked in Chrome and Iron and can still access Hotmail. What cookies are you blocking and how are you blocking them?

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I've set IE9 to notify me before any cookie gets put on my computer. Apparently *&^%$#@! M$ doesn't like that, even if I enable their cookies; the bastards want all cookies enabled.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

@ LF,

I know how you feel about MS so I'm not gonna try to change your mind, but I find I only need to accept the Omniture (purely for Sign In/Out) everything else is blocked and no more MSN page. yippee :)

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

I haven't used IE in years (except to download an alternative browser on a new build), so I have no clue how to setup IE's cookie restrictions. I have my browsers set to disallow any 3rd party cookies and to delete ALL cookies upon closing the browser. Whenever I visit any sites that require any sort of login, I finish my session, close the browser, and run CCleaner. So even if *&^%$#@! M$ drops a tracking cookie, it's deleted before it has anything to track.

I don't trust anyone. Even the HTG website attempts to embed tracking cookies... quantserve.com and crwdcntrl.net. Both try to gather information that is often exchanged between various advertisers and marketeers.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Use Ghostery

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

I do. That's how I found out :)

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

@ LH... Thanks for the heads-up. I just installed it. Let's see what this bad boy can do...

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

mon pleasure Monsieur.

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

Lifehacker.com: Chrome blocks only four 3rd party cookies, Ghostery blocked fifteen tracking elements.
Engadget.com: Chrome one, Ghostery six.
Techcrunch.com: Chrome zero, Ghostery fifteen.

I'm liking it :)

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Hence my post earlier about Google.

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

I can't believe I've not been turned on to Ghostery before now.
Now, I've got six more computers in the house to install it upon, assuming it'll install on the Linux varieties of Chromium too. And if there's an Android version, I'm going to be up all night.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Wouldn't know don't use a chromium browser any more, don't use Linux much anymore either. As for Android...I've never looked might go hunting for it if it exists.

Edit : keep watching : https://getsatisfaction.com/ghostery/topics/do_you_have_it_for_android

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

doctordeere. We have posted it a few times in the past. Pay attention that man :)

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

I'm old.
I forget stuff.
What were we discussing?

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

He guys, take a look at zoho :)

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!