How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Too British?

(5 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Lighthouse
  • Latest reply from elpaelpa
  • Topic Viewed 1063 times

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

The world-famous Red Arrows have been banned from appearing at the 2012 London Olympics because they are deemed 'too British'. Organisers of the event say that the Arrows military background might be 'offensive' to other countries taking part in the Games. The display team have performed at more than 4000 events worldwide, but the Department of Culture, Media and Sport have deemed the display team 'too militaristically British.' Red Arrows pilots were said to be 'outraged', as they had hoped to put on a truly world class display for the Games, something which had never been seen before. Being axed from a British-based event for being 'too British' is an insult - the Arrows are a symbol of Britain .

The Red Arrows have been excellent ambassadors for British overseas trade, as they display their British-built Hawk aircraft all over the world.
The Arrows performed a short flypast in 2005 when the winning bid was announced, but their flypast at the Games was to have been truly spectacular. It is to be hoped that common sense prevails.

And if you have never seen them in real life, here's a taster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....re=related

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

There is too much stupidity in this world. Maybe they should invite the "Swiss Patrol" - they are neutral.

Posted 6 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

Offensive? Too militaristic? They have got to be kidding. The Red Arrows, Blue Angels and Thunderbirds
don't fly over with rockets and bombs attached under their wings they put on a display of tremendous
flying skill and discipline, not a display of military might. I agree with you and I hope common sense
does prevail.

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

I saw this
Absolutely RIDICULOUS

I cannot believe it
The Red Arrows are brilliant!

Posted 6 years ago

elpaelpa
elpaelpa

Everyone is afraid of being politically incorect!What tripe!GO ARROWS!

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.