• Started 6 years ago by whs
  • Latest reply from Scott
  • Topic Viewed 4809 times

whs
whs

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

I think that a better idea is to have a stationary bicycle that generates electricity to power the computer. If you don't pedal, you can't web surf. That way you have to be healthy to use it. This would also be good for kids who spend too much time playing video games. :-)

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

Might be good in airports or other places you might be stuck:)

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

techgranny, are you celebrating "white nights" in Fl ?

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

The only thing I know about "white nights" is Alaska and Russia:) Seriously, I'm on vacation. I take every Wimby Fortnight off and as we speak I'm in the middle of the Nadal/Keifer match. No tennis results please!

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Nights

PS: I brought this up because it's about 2AM in Fl at this time

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

Sorry whs, I'm in a Wimby frenzy. See above.

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

OH, I see. That sounds like a nice vacation. No danger with results from me. I know nothing about tennis. All I know is that Nadal won at Roland Garros. My sport is biking - especially Tour de France.

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

Then we're even. I know nothing about biking but Lance Armstrong! Oh, P'cola is in the Central Time Zone, not Eastern Standard. I'm on the Alabama border. (that's how I know all things redneck firsthand:) No offense to anyone!

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

And I thought all of Fl is EST. In the winter I am in Tampa - but only in the winter.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

@ ScottW

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....B000NWU9NI

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

Scott, just when I think I've seen it all:)

whs, Why Tampa? I'd think Euro's have much more exotic places to go. I'm quite smitten with Prague myself. Never been there and never will, but it looks gorgeous!

Posted 6 years ago

GaardCeteru
GaardCeteru

I like the idea of the stationary bike that can power the computer.. although I think it should have a connection or battery so you can still surf when you're tired haha

EDIT: seriously.. I would buy one of those! specially cuz im the kind of person that hardly have time for anything while I'm into the university semester.. exercise is not the exception..

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

techgranny, Prague is hopping and an absolute "must see" place. I went there a lot in the 60's for business and in fact got stuck there in 1968 when the Russians invaded the place. Was stuck in the Hotel Alcron (Shirley Temple was there too and SCARED). But I had been thru the war, so the constant shooting did not affect me too much. Another hopping place is Budapest. Both would not be too far from London to make the detour.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

haha i was just in FL for a week down at indian shores not too far from tampa

and relating back to the start of this post they have some of these where my mom works i think that they are optional to have in their offices :)

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

whs, you've either led the most ridiculously fascinating life or you're just showing off:) I hope you at least got a picture or something with Mrs. Black. She is a treasure!
I think I misrepresented myself. I'm only at the All England Club in spirit. (on tv) Once a year I hold-up in my "woman cave" for the Wimbledon fortnight and if no one has died and nothing is on fire, I'm to be left to my own devices:)

P.S. Now you have me intrigued about Budapest. I don't know much about that city but I'm compelled to learn!

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

techgranny, I believe my life was interesting - and still is. I spent about 30 years in foreign countries, had to move my household 24 times. If I had to do it again, I would not want to do it any differently. I have some pictures from Prague during the invasion. Have to find them and scan them in. Here is some info about Budapest http://www.hungarytourism.hu/main.php?folderID=853

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

I've tooled all around the web for all things Budapest. It's very nice but I don't think it holds a candle to Prague. That's just my opinion; something about Prague speaks to me. Would love to see your pictures sometime!

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

techgranny, just for you I have unpacked my scanner that was ready to be shipped to Brother. It is one of those multifunction (print, scan, copy, fax, tel, etc.) machines and the fax does not work. So it has to go back to them. Well, in any case, I rewired the whole thing. Then I traipsed into the basement to find the shoeboxes with the pictures. A couple of hours later I found a few of the Prague pics which you can see on the link below. On the last picture with the 5 guys I am the second from the right (were we not handsome in 68?).
http://s260.photobucket.com/al.....ague%2068/
On Budapest you are probably right when judging from the pictures only. But Budapest is more lively than Prague. The Hungarians are real fun people.

PS. If you click on the pictures in photobucket, they enlarge - you can click twice to get them to max. size.

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

I don't think this worked for me
because as a couple of people noticed, i was ill the other day, so i certainly did not stay healthy!

lighthouse said he was glad i did not transmit my infection throughout the site via a
err, 'virus'

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.