The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

To give more RAM to my video card

(6 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by nsauerbier
  • Latest reply from fully
  • Topic Viewed 6172 times

nsauerbier

Ok, I have had no luck for weeks with this. I have a MacBook Pro 15 inch. I have a 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM, and a NVIDIA GeForce 9400 card. I need to give the card more than 256MB of RAM to run games at better quality. The game requires a 2.4 GHz Intel Pentium or higher, 2GB RAM, a 256MB Direct X 9.0c compliant pixel shader 2 or higher. What do I need to do? I can't get a higher graphics card because they are unchangeable on the MacBooks. Help please.

Posted 5 years ago

whs

I don't think you can allocate more RAM to the card. The card has it's own memory and no shared memory.

Posted 5 years ago

germ-x

If the video card is in a pci slot then you can replace it. The only unchangeable video is if it is built on the motherboard. Don't know if you can make any change in your BIOS. Don't know if your video has the correct pixel shader capabilities

Posted 5 years ago

nsauerbier

Thanks for your help. To find out it is built into my motherboard so im stuck with what i got Thanks

Posted 4 years ago

germ-x

You might have one option, that is if your mobo has an expansion slot to install an external graphics card. What is the name & model number of your motherboard?

g-x

Posted 4 years ago

fully

useful info, thanks

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.