The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

Tiny thumbnails

(5 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by SanG
  • Latest reply from rdunseith
  • Topic Viewed 1019 times

SanG

I’ve just switched to using Photoshop Elements on a mac from windows. When I click OPEN under FILE, and go to the folder with my pictures in it… the thumbnail photos that appear are tiny. When I was using PE on my Windows machine I could go up to the top of the Open screen and select Large Icons, and the thumbnails would appear bigger. Do you know of any way to make these thumbnails/icons larger?
I found this question on one of your pages but no one answered it... I have the same problem and would dearly love to know the answer, I cannot see the thumbnails at the tiny size they are.

Posted 2 years ago

rdunseith

To enlarge files that are in Folders, open the Folder with the files/View/Show View Options

The same applies to files on the Desktop that are not in Folders. Click on the Desktop/View/Show View Options

You can also right click on files and folders and bring up Show View Options in the Contexual Menu

And you can use the Keyboard shortcut to bring up Show View Options with Command+J

Posted 2 years ago

SanG

Hi rdunseith
I have tried all that... I am working in Photoshop elements and there are no 'View Options' under the View tab, nothing happens when I right click, it just makes a ding noise and the same with the Command + it just dings and nothing happens... I am very new to the Mac and it is really doing my head in that simple things on the PC are so complicated on the Mac.

Posted 2 years ago

rdunseith

I don't have Photoshop Elements, but I do have Photoshop CS5. I'll look a little deeper here. Are you using Lion or Snow Leopard?

Edit: I don't think its possible to enlarge the thumbnails unless you open with Adobe Bridge. Im not sure if Elements has Bridge or not.

Posted 2 years ago

rdunseith

Quick vid of Adobe Bridge.
Youtube

Essentials 6 does include Bridge so you are in luck. Just choose File>Browse in Bridge

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.