The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Thunderbird

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by seabat14
  • Latest reply from seabat14
  • Topic Viewed 324 times

seabat14

I really like Thunderbird, but I don't care too much for new email notifier programs. TB has a setting sto alert the user when a new email arrives, but those settings only give a sound and the visual alert in the notification tray stays on for about 15 seconds. There is no trouble with the sound. I would like to change the visual alert (an envelope) to appear for about 60 minutes. I am not too computer savvy.

Windows 7 64-bit
All programs are up-to-date

Thanks!

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten

I don't think this is possible?

I use another program (and there are many that will look at a mail server and change and icon on the Systray) to do that, Mailwasher Pro (LOOK HERE) and it does a lot more too. I use it as a filter for spam and junk, and when I process it, it opens TB without the spam and junk. It checks every 10 minutes and if new e-mail is there it changes the icon in the Systray, and hence I know new e-mail has arrived.

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

jmeeks49

Irv,

do you know of a free app that will do the above although i have Outlook 2007 setup with filtering junk mail it would be nice to see what's coming before it left the server.

John

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten

John, the exact same features as MailWasher Pro, no. I know there are many that will alert you on the Systray that new mail has arrived, but not anything else complete, especially for free. Closest might be THIS ONE, but it appears it will not show you the whole e-mail. Give it a try and report back <VBG>.

At one time MailWasher license was 'forever', they now use a yearly model. Today it is $30 USD, that is less than $0.10 per day. Well worth it, and you can get up to 3 years at a shot and also use it on 3 computers.

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

seabat14

Thanks to everyone who replied. I just decided to live with what I have. The notification balloon in the bottom right corner is OK. I fiddled with its settings and came to a satisfactory set up. I just need to remember that for every positive there is a negative & vice versa.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.