This has nothing to do with PC's or other computer related stuff

(18 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by gedstar
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 493 times

gedstar
gedstar

Hi All

Just want to relate my sadness for all the people that lost their lives in Connecticut. Such a sad thing to happen, my thought's are with the victims and family's.

I understand that this is not the appropriate site to post this, but I feel for those people.

May they RIP

So young and so much to live for

Ged

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@gedstar, It is an appropriate site and could not agree with you more. People have problems and they end up dieing, killing themselves usually but why take innocents with you?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com.....ry-school/ For those that may not know what we are referring to.

Posted 1 year ago

bubbatie1
bubbatie1

So sad to hear ! much sadness for those families esp this time of year. lets all say a lil prayer for those grief stricken families tonight!

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

no words. no words at all. i almost posted something about this yesterday but stopped short of, simply because theres just no words.
i have little ones here at home the same age as some of those whose little lives were taken and cannot bare to think what might have gone through their minds as they were under attack. most likely not wanting anything more than to be with mommy and daddy. sad enough that this type of thing happens but when we talk about the ages of the victims yesterday, its worse. older kids / teenagers / adolescents might know enough to react a certain way or process whats happening but im sure most of these little ones just wanted the safety of mom and dad. [almost choked up about this sh**. so infuriating and sad]

Posted 1 year ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

Very sad indeed. I can't begin to understand why some idiot would take it upon themselves to do this. Hitting back at society? I don't get it.

RIP to those little children.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Everything not out yet. Since he killed his mother who was a teacher at the school could have been angry at her. But, now she and son are dead. No one to ask if there was a problem between them.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

wanted to edit my last my post to add this but didnt make it back in time to make the addition.

i stumbled across this yesterday when i was contemplating posting about yesterdays incident ....

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar
gedstar

Living in Ireland we had many atrocities over the last 30 odd years, thankfully this is nearly a thing of the past, although it still goes on, not as bad though. At least here it's illegal here for people to own firearms. Can't understand how people in some States in the USA are aloud to have firearms.
So many crazy people so many innocent lives.

Crazy Crazy world we live in!

Today I cried a tear of sadness

May Buddha bless them all

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

As kids we played cops and robbers and cowboys and indians. They were our games. No video games, there were not any. It is the mental illnesses that are the problem. All through history there were killers for no reason, that we could understand. Why did Lincoln die why did John Lennon die. What about Charles Manson?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

http://xfinity.comcast.net/art.....hero_media

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Even we in the UK have been struck with the enormity of this senseless and despicable crime.
Stella and I read and watched the news yesterday morning with grief. The ages of the children is heart rending. Our hearts reach out to the parents, colleagues and friends of the victims, may they rest in eternal peace.

Perhaps we can really start to put an end to all this senseless criminality.

Posted 1 year ago

bubbatie1
bubbatie1

what gets me is now people are screaming "tighter gun control laws" .Good idea but they will just get them from black market underground.
Or like in china last week a guy went into a shopping mall & "stabbed " 20 some people. they will figure a way around the weapon.

imo i think its society as a whole we need to look at.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Mike, that is exactly what happened in the UK, black market arms are more widely available now and our gun crime is more prevalent.

Posted 1 year ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

Even with UK gun legislation, we hear on a fairly regular basis about murders being carried out using legally held weapons. There are a few members of the local shooting club who I would not trust with a staple gun let alone a shotgun, yet they are handed permits year after year, no questions asked. It's a worrying state of affairs considering our nearest *manned police station is 15 miles away.

*Yes, we have police stations sitting empty here in NI!

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Best I can say is "shit happens". It always has, it always will.

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Incredibly sad and I feel for those parents and their immense loss.
But unfortunately it is like LH says. Awfull things happen and have allways happened.
It's impossible to live in a society that prevents all bad things by making use of legislation and enforcement of that legislation, because we would end up with a society that isn't worth living in.
Although I'm against weapons of any kind, this is not really about weapons.
It's about the misfits in society and how to spot them and help them to prevent them acting out like this.
And it happens everywhere. Proves how difficult it is to forsee what people will do.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

This was done 47 years ago and look what we have now. Paul Harvey was a very perceptive person and one who seemed to have a handle on how things were progressing in a very non-productive and negative way.
This video ..... should certainly be seen by everyone.

This was 47 years ago. April 3, 1965. An amazing prediction. Do you remember the famous ABC radio commentator Paul Harvey?

Millions of Americans listened to his programs which were broadcast over 1,200 radio stations nationwide.

When you listen to this, remember the commentary was broadcast 47 years ago on April 3, 1965.

" This has nothing to do with religion and weather you believe in god or not this is about just being a good person and respecting others. Warlock, Joe"

It's short...less than three minutes. You will be amazed.

(Click on this >>>) http://stg.do/9LDc

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!