How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

There are still morons that keep marking threads as solved

(14 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by whs
  • Latest reply from Hatryst
  • Topic Viewed 1110 times

whs
whs

That really starts to aggravate me. Someone constantly marks completely open threads as "solved". Here is an example where the poor lady does not have a clue yet what to do, but it is marked as solved: http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=8 -- I would think that in this high tech age the forum could be set such that this nuisance stops.

Posted 3 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

Have noticed this as well. I have removed the solved status on the above topic and wait and see if the OP returns,

Mike

Posted 3 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

We can start here when the lady returns.
http://mirror.href.com/thestarman/asm/index.html

Debug.exe is in the system32 directory so we can teach her to wipeout her Hard Drive with
just a few simple commands.

NO Problems that I can see. :) (from a 1000 miles away)

Rick P.

Posted 3 years ago

whs
whs

Rick, you are an optimist. I think your link would far exeed her knowledge and interest. And there no need for such a complex procedure for a simple reinstallation.

Posted 3 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@whs,

Tis not complex.

Search for Debug on your machine and open an Administrator CMD Prompt. Type in Debug.

I think the Hard Drive can still be wiped out with about (8) or so assembly short instructions.

All Intel CPU instructions are backward and foward compatible if I remember correctly.

Let me get one of my old books out if I can find them. (LOL) :)

Rick P.

Posted 3 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

Computers can have a downside for the new user!

Mike

Posted 3 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

@WHS, I think branding the OP a moron because they mark a topic solved (inadvertently or otherwise) is a bit harsh. Maybe they aren't familiar with the site or found a solution somewhere else and don't care to update the thread accordingly.

Posted 3 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

They should be redirected to this
( Ain't I spamming? :) )

Posted 3 years ago

whs
whs

I was not trying to brand the OPs because I do not think that the OPs are at fault. I think it is someone who just amuses himself. I have seen that too often now. An OP who found a solution some other place will most likely not go thru the trouble of coming back just to mark the thread. And in the example thread I have linked above, the OP is definitely not done - just the opposite. The OP is still pretty clueless. So Mike removed the "Solved".

Posted 3 years ago

PUPPYDOG
PUPPYDOG

Can anyone other than the OP or mods mark as solved? i do not see the mark as solved link unless i start a thread.

Posted 3 years ago

LH
LH

Do you see "ACCEPT THIS ANSWER" under a post ?

Posted 3 years ago

PUPPYDOG
PUPPYDOG

No, i can see REPORT . TOP on the right but nothing under it.
If it is a topic that i started i can see it under all the posts, but not if someone else started it.
If it has been marked as solved there is a link to unmark solved status but nothing to mark as solved.

Posted 3 years ago

bubbatie1
bubbatie1

btw nice video hatryst is that your real voice???????? lol j/k do like tthe tutorial tho

Posted 3 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Thanks :) No, its a Voice Synthesizer. I sound much weird that this, LOL :)

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.