How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

The windows experience index for your system could not be computed

(12 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Rosario
  • Latest reply from dubayou
  • Topic Viewed 28230 times

Rosario

Hi

Today after clean install windows 7 Ultimate N version when i run (WEI) rate my computer im getting this message The windows experience index for your system could not be computed (cannot complete the requested assessment.This system does not have have the necessary multi media support to run the requested assessment.)

Everything was okey before this install (nothing changed) Driver up to date only i installed Vmware workstation this time.Tried
chkdsk /f and sfc/ scannow no error .

Any help

Posted 4 years ago

whs
whs

You are the lucky one. This WEI is rubbish anyhow.

Posted 4 years ago

Rosario

So this is not problem for system ..I mean any system file missing or anything s but why im getting this message ?

i dont need WEI score just curious

Posted 4 years ago

at0mic
at0mic

it rated my 160gb western digital 10,000 rpm hard drive as 5.1. ignore it...

Posted 4 years ago

Rosario

Yes i know i can ignore it but im curious why im getting this message or what causing this problem........

Posted 4 years ago

whs
whs

What is your graphics card. Maybe it is not up to Win7 specs.

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

well when you did a clean install you would of lost the driver for your video card, you should download the latest driver version for your video card, either form Nvidia or ATI, or VIA, whichever one you have.
the generic Win7 video drivers arent nearly as good as the brands versions.

@ atomic, yeah WEI is rubbish, my whole system was 7.9 then all because of the WD caviar green i have i got a total of 5.9, still a 160GB 10000rpm is better than my 500GB caviar green, yet you only get 5.1 and i get 5.9???? what a load of garbage WEI. ha ha

Posted 4 years ago

whs
whs

mickeyblue, get this one for $99 - your wei will go up to at least 7.1. It is ample for the OS.

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

i REALLY want one, ive taken up your advice and looked into SSD's, and im saving for one, but at the moment they are SUPER expensive here in China, for that exact model here in China its over $200, still very new to China, can you believe it. when prices come down ill get one thats for sure.

Posted 4 years ago

Rosario

ATI Radeon HD 4350 Graphic card and i mentioned before this was okey ..im using win 7 from beta and never had this kind of problem..with my same system spec.
One thing is this related with Activation ? coz i didn't activate yet after install

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

There was/is a bug in Vista SP2 that can mess up your system if you run WEI. It may have passed on to W7.

Posted 4 years ago

dubayou

This is not a bug, the Windows N versions are for Europe, which in 2004, the government stated windows cant ship with windows media player (wmp). This is the piece that is missing. I recently installed a Windows 7 N version not knowing that this was the key difference between Windows 7 and Windows 7 N... or K or what ever. I think K is Asia/(maybe Korea?)

either way, its not going to work anytime soon. not sure why this was linked to WMP but it was.

-will w
Edit by mod: Link removed; no self promotion please

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.