How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

THE QUESTION - Firefox or IE?

(69 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Aleeve
  • Latest reply from Aleeve
  • Topic Viewed 4629 times

Aleeve
Aleeve

I have always been an IE man, but everyone is always saying how amazing firefox is - why should I use that instead?

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

If you've never used it. You wouldn't know!
Try.

Posted 6 years ago

Budohorseman
Budohorseman

Not as many exploits, more frequent updates, open source, more add-on's, more standards compliant...

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

No, sorry, prefer IE :)

Posted 6 years ago

PUPPYDOG
PUPPYDOG

IE is best, tried Firefox and didn't get on with it or like it so uninstalled it.
Suppose it is whatever you get used to.

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

I agree entirely Puppydog :)

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

It's not what you get used to. It's what you experiment with, and find what you like. And it sometimes takes a while.

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

ALL,

I guess the best answer is for each to run the browser they like best and feel most comfortable with.
======================
From my readings an knowledge, any browser can be exploited so it is just a matter of keeping your personal important information off-line and having CLEAN backups which one can get going in around 10 minutes or so.
======================
I run old IE 6.4 with updates because I like radio music from my website in the background and don't want to put up with all the security warning stuff for newbies flashing up on the screen all the time.
======================
I (DO NOT) recommend others do the same !!
Kindest Regards,
Rick P. ♥ :)

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

IE has always served me well and is it easy to get along with. Have used FF for a while, but found it very messy and confusing. I like Opera too, but it has a couple of flaws that make it a little less desirable for i.e. working on the Forum.

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Yeah, I found ff messy too, and fiddly, especially the new version

IE7 is much neater :) ( I even tried FF with an IE7 skin!)

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Another question, blonds or brunettes?

Hmmm, blonds seem to have more fun but brunettes are very sexy. Let the subjective answers commence.

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Scott, is this allowed? :P

Both have their pros and cons, but I think overall it has to be brunettes - but only just!

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

ok, Boddington's or Guinness?

Posted 6 years ago

Budohorseman
Budohorseman

You are both wrong, everyone knows it's redheads.

And Spaten Optimator for that matter...

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

I was being UK specific.
Wickse Witte, dank U.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i perfer firefox for the add-ons and it seems way faster than ie and i'm not sure that i can get ie in linux anyways lol and even if i could i wouldn't use it anyways. seem to be all preferance in browsers i say just use what you like and can function well with.

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

This discussion got off track. To get back to the original subject in other words: If you want to have a lot of function, FF is probably your thing. If you want to have an easy tool, IE is for you.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

This discussion is perfectly on track. The OP asked rhetorically it seems, which is the better browser. And in minutes said he preferred IE. So, what's the point of asking? It's his opinion. I have mine, yadayadayada.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Spaten Optimator. Does in come in oak barrels? Or only bottles?

Posted 6 years ago

Budohorseman
Budohorseman

I'll have to see if Chute's has that one. Nice little bar here in town that for some reason keeps around 40-50 different beers in stock, which is rather odd for a bar that can only hold around 50 customers at most.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.