How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

The Macho Man ...

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by vistual
  • Latest reply from Scott
  • Topic Viewed 493 times

vistual
vistual

Hearts a little heavy from recent news of Hector Camacho's condition after being shot on Tuesday.

"SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico -- Famed Puerto Rican boxer Hector "Macho" Camacho is clinically brain dead" ...."Camacho would remain on life support until Thursday morning"

I remember watching his fights and how he was always quite the character. There almost couldn't be a discussion about fighters where his name didn't come up at some point.
Thoughts and prayers are with you Hector and your fam... : (

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

What the hell is going on in the world?

More>>>>>

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

really a mixed bag of emotions for me ...
ive seen it all too many times growing up. the people around me. family. "friends".
the potential. the "what-if's". and then the stories just like this one where the demons just dont get off your back, even after rehab or jail. i really feel it all since i can relate. the sadness. the frustration. the anger. what the family must be thinking. ...

and i know that people will always remember the bad just as well as the good but its also important to remember no one is perfect and im no one to judge.
i just choose to remember rooting for him because of who he was and what he did while in the ring and how proudly he'd rep Puerto Rico. and theres no denying he and a few others from that era paved the way for many in the sport.

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

He was fearless, flamboyant and most certainly unique. I had to look it up but he fought everyone important (and I saw most of them) Duran, Leornard, de la Hoya, Norris, Trinidad, Chavez, Rosario, Brampton, Pazienza, Mancini...all champions themselves.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

yes. much respect...
wow, those you just mentioned, man!
there was something special about the fighters of that era. there really was.
those names you mentioned also reminded me of another fighter gone way before his time. Gatti!

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

Another tragic tale.

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

Hector passed away on 11-24-2012. :(
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/vid.....-donut.cnn

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

heartfelt condolences to friends and fam.

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

"...Reduced to its simplest level, boxing is about one thing: punching the other guy really hard. Camacho, incredibly, managed to elevate the sport even while refusing to adhere to that most basic principle. When he fought, the night was not about the punch; it was not about the looming, electric threat of a knockout; it was about the whole show. Hector Camacho was bigger than the knockout. Rest in peace, champ. Nah … that's just not your style. Rest in splendor."

http://deadspin.com/5962984/re.....al-showman

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.