SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

The How-To Geek Guide to Windows 8 is FREE for a limited time!

(14 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by hatryst
  • Latest reply from gedstar
  • Topic Viewed 1666 times

hatryst

The Geek's book, free for today only. Get your digital copy now!

via: https://twitter.com/howtogeek/status/279260499626041344
(link is in the Tweet)

Don't have a Kindle? Here you go, Kindle apps: http://www.amazon.com/gp/featu.....1000493771

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

Hmmm the download link for Windows 8 does not seem to work for me. The Windows 7 link does. Wonder if it is the same?

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix

Can't get it to download ??

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

Xhi, I just got the windows 8 guide. In amazon it was put on kindle cloud, then I put in my bookmarks.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

OK. Got-R-Done! Downloaded and installed the Windows 7 version - KindleForPC-installer.exe. Clicked to install. It installed. Then got the book choosing Kindle Cloud something.

I still don't get to anything when i choose the Windows 8 version of the Kindle app.

Posted 1 year ago

hatryst

I already had it, so didn't try downloading. Since Geek tweeted it, so the link should be working :)

Posted 1 year ago

CompWiz

Reading it now...

Thanks!

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

The link for the book worked. It was the kindle app link to windows 8 which was different than the Windows 7, Vista, xp link that did not lead to a download of the app.

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

Click on hatryst's link then click on The How-To Geek Guide to Windows 8. This will take you to Amazon then click on buy and fill out information and it will be put on kindle cloud. then you can move it to bookmarks.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual

Thanks guys!

(Tuff Approves!)

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar

A big Thanks to HowToGeeks for "How-To Geek Guide to Windows 8"

Reading it on Kindle Cloud, been using Windows 8 for a few weeks now and after configuring if the way I like and installing Classic Shell which will let you boot straight to the desktop and gives you the Start button back, have to say I'm really enjoying it.
Boot time on an SSD is about 5 secs and shut down about the same, amazingly quick compared to Windows 7

I can understand why people don't think much about the new OS and I was a bit put off myself, but after spending some time configuring it to my needs it's actually quite a pleasant experience, well for me anyway :)

gedstar

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9

Thanks for the link! And the freebie! Now I can read it via my Fire when on the commuter train ! Much appreciated

Posted 1 year ago

dbarker

Hi guys. Tried everything but only able to get the sample. Am I too late?. Running kindle for PC on XP machine.

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar

Hi dbarker

Yes I think you are to late, original link posted yesterday.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.