The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - 'The connection was reset' Message

(5 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by tonyosmond
  • Latest reply from tonyosmond
  • Topic Viewed 645 times

tonyosmond

Hi, my first post so hope I've got it right...

I have just reloaded my computer and found that I keep getting 'The connection was reset' when browsing certain sites, (CNet, Avast, Adobe etc) I thought this might be a Firefox issue but get the same results with Chrome and IE. I am running Windows 7 and am directly connected to my broadband modem via cable but also have the same issue with my wireless laptop...

I have tried the suggestions found on the net like clearing Cached Content etc but nothing seems to work, i've turned on and off programs that go through my firewall to see if that has effect but nothing seems to work.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Posted 2 years ago

ronniesonora

You can try this, open the command prompt (run as administrator) type ipconfig /flushdns (leave a space after ipconfig for each line you type); press your enter key on your keyboard. Next line type; ipconfig /release and press enter; Next line type ipconfig /renew and press enter. Then restart your computer.

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

Hi Tony, Just reload the page.

Posted 2 years ago

tonyosmond

hey guys, thanks for response, tried both suggestions but neither made a difference... I've tried turning off my antivirus (Avast), I've done a complete virus and malware scan but still no different.

I thought it could be a software conflict but I haven't loaded anything new on to my machine that i had before my rebuild, when it ran without hitch

Posted 2 years ago

tonyosmond

Turned out that it was 'Peerblock' blocking certain sites, I changed a few settings and now have no problems...

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.