SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

The Best Invention In The World [Jump to top / bottom]....

(22 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by vistual
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 1327 times

vistual
vistual

Tired of endlessly scrolling to the bottom of a web page or endlessly scrolling back up to the top - i just learned that if you hit the 'Home' key, you get brought back up to the top and the 'End' key will send you to the bottom of the page.
go ahead - i know you're DYING to test it out - no ones looking - go ahead see for yourself. ...

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Somehow I think most of us know that :)

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Since 1066! LOL

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

: (
oh yea - i mean me too - as of like 10 MINUTES AGO!
why am i always the last to know about ....
look - i gotta head out to work! i have to seriously think about this whole mess now all day! thanks a lot!

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Don't look up, or you will get an arrow in your eye. And they are a pain to extract. (it's either that, or drill a hole in the coffin lid)

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Yep, turning into a history lesson. And I knew Hastings inside out. (although the battle didn't take place there)

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

I didn't know her, but horsemen knew her.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Twas a battle between Willy and Harry. Now those names ring a a bell.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Which could be a cause of tintinnabulation.

Anyway, still in Geek Stuff ( but may soon end up in OT )

Some erudition for you;

We believe that the Battle of Hastings, taught to us as kids, was actually fought
at Senlac Hill about 10 miles away from Hastings. Our Harry was allegedly shot in
the eye with an arrow fired by the Normans. The loss of King Harold brought King William to the throne.

This 'Conquest' was caused by an ongoing spat with Charles the Simple under the French Carolingian ruler at the time to settle what is now Normandy. The English had an interest in the region because of the death of Edward who was then exiled to Normandy. Now the fight starts, as it were because it is so bloody difficult to understand the major families involved.

Anyway that is a short history and the rest should you be interested, can be read here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hastings

British history ancient and modern is certainly convoluted but is surely very
interesting.
History has recorded in a wonderful way the Bayeux Tapestry, I direct you here to the
fullest in the finest;

http://www.bayeuxtapestry.org.uk/

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

The tapestry is really amazing. I visited in Bayeux in the 60's and went back a couple of years ago when we stayed in Granville, Normandy. If you like vast sand beaches, the area is worth visiting.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Mike is correct. Except he missed out the bit that the Normans where actually descendants of the Vikings who invaded and settled in that part of France. Taking over surrounding areas, to become what is now known as Normandy. Normans = Men from the north (not northern France)

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

Vis

I assigned the up/down cursor keys to do jump up or down in Chrome with this:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/keyconfig/okneonigbfnolfkmfgjmaeniipdjkgkl

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

And exactly what does that have to do with Vikings Tony :)

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

LMAO!

hey how dare you guys jack my thread!!!!!

i thought this was a very informative post - albeit for people that are just now stepping into the 21 century but hey i tried ...

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

vissy, can you explain all the other keys on the keyboard too. There are a few that I don't understand.

PS: I just pushed one I had never tried and it shut off the system. I think I'll put some duct tape over it.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JAEzfc1mqhE? version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="280" height="158" allowscriptaccess="always"allowfullscreen="true">

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

And one day you will get your image code correct :)

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

that was the best part of my last post.LOL! thats weird. don't know why / how it changed but here it is again ....

Edit by Mike, I changed the code using my template

Posted 1 year ago

Straspey
Straspey

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!