The 30 year difference(18 posts)
Hahaha... I'm from 1989!.. Let me see...
1. They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up. [True]
2. Their lifetime has always included AIDS. [ True.. Thank god only my lifetime and not my life O.o]
3. Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic. [False, I remember back in about 1994-1996 we still had glass bottles.. and those had this sort of.. metallic plug to keep 'em sealed, if you wanted to take home your beverage you either had to bring an empty bottle to the store so they replace it with a full one, or (if it was the aprox. of a can of soda) they gave it to you in a bag with a straw.]
4. The CD was introduced the year they were born. [True... But I didn't knew cd's 'till about some 7-8 years ago, I still got to use a lot of cassettes hehe!]
5. They have always had an answering machine [True.. But even nowadays I still don't have one! XD here people dont usually leave messages on answering machines O.o if you dont answer they call back again, and again and again until you pick up the phone! Annoying but effective!]
6. They have always had cable. [True.. But I got cable service about 6 years ago.. when finally my parents decided they couldn't take on national TV anymore! XD]
7. They cannot fathom not having a remote control. [False.. When the remote gets lost I go and zap the channels with my finger on the buttons, and I can still reacall havin a very old TV that channels were swapped by turning a HUGE button, it was fun every now and then]
8. Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show. [True.. I guess... I dont really know the guy! lol I only know it is a very famous show in the US]
9. Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave. [False.. I got a microwave until this year lol so I'm pretty much a master on doing popcorn "the old-school way"
10. They never took a swim and thought about Jaws. [True.. I know there aren't many sharks on El Salvador's beaches so I can swim fearlessly]
11. They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are. [ True.. Indeed, I cant O.o I think my father had a pair once but I never even saw them only heard about them, thus, I can't even picture them!]
12. They don't know who Mork was or where he was from [True (STILL have no idea who he is)]
13. They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk A mile for a Camel", or "de plane, Boss, de plane." [True one of my aunts once made a joke about Fantasy Island to me.. then remembered and had to explain a whole bunch of things to me O.o]
14. They do not care who shot J. R. And have no idea who J. R. Even is. [ True (SO very TRUE)]
15. McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers. [True (Cant remember McD in my childhood mom never let me eat fast food while growing up lol! )]
16. They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter. [FALSE! I did received Typewriting class sometime during high school, then the next year the nuns decided that class wasn't necesary anymore so I was part of probably the last class that received typewriting classes... I STILL have my typewriter.. somewere O.o]
This topic has been closed to new replies. Please create a new topic instead.