How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

HTG Milestones (was: The 200 Club!)

(83 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by ScottW
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 5643 times

ScottW
ScottW

Jack is right, I'm a wise guy. (nyuck, nyuck!)

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

I have changed the name of this thread to "HTG Milestones" in order to recognize all important achievements, not just numeric ones. Unfortunately, right now the most recent ones are mostly numeric.

whs and Lighthouse: congrats on making the 3000(!) club. Make that *creating* the club; the two of you are the only members.
The Geek: congrats on making 1000 posts on your own forum. And you've done that while also writing your regular articles and running the show.
Aleeve: congrats on making the 500 club and on your wiki article.

Jack(7h3r1pp3r), Scott "7h3" moderator, and Justin (jd2066) haven't tripped any significant numeric boundaries but all continue to be top contributors.

For myself, I'm just glad to no longer be in the 700 club! What else do we have to celebrate? Also, when are the T-shirts coming? :-)

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

It would be nice if we had a way to count the happy people (as a total) - those that walked away with the answer they were looking for. I think that would be the true measure of success.

Posted 6 years ago

mpc104
mpc104

i always walk away happy,count me as happy person #1

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Lots of people who do get help say thank you. But, imagine all of the other drive-bys -- folks who googled up a problem and found the answer here. We'll never know how many of those there were.

@The Geek, how about a "Thank you!" button that folks could click on if they got help from the articles or the forum? Then everyone who gets helped, even if they don't become members, can let us know. Then we can watch the counter(s) go up and up until one day it says "over 1 zillion served!" :-)

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

This is a computer forum. Shouldn't the mile/kilometre stones/kilograms be in binary?

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

@mpc, you are a good man. I am glad you are around.
@ScottW, The problem I found is that about half of the posters seem to vanish after they got the answer that looked like the right answer to their problem.
@Lighthouse, What's the difference? Decimal or binary.

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Lighthouse, you want to change milestones to kilometrestones? Or kilometrekilograms? I think no one would understand what was meant. You can still have milestones even when you use the metric system. Also, "welcome to the 0b101110111000 club" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

whs, you are correct that many people get their answer(s) and leave. But, I'd still be curious to see how many people would click on a "Thank you" button. It's the only way I can think of to measure happy people.

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

ScottW, I think the "thank you" button is a great idea. I wonder whether it can be put in easily. Btw, what are you doing up this time of the day?

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

When I get busy on my system, I lose track of time. Looks like I was up late again last night (this morning?). I should have been sleeping at that hour.

Posted 6 years ago

mpc104
mpc104

whs,thanks for the kind words.

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

@ lighthouse decimal is easier to read on the fly!
thanks scottw :D

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

OK. MMM it is.

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

yeah :)

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

I'm now in 600 club lol

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

I thought the famous club is called 700 club (Pat Robertson).

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

DC

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

dc?

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

http://www.novaroma.org/via_romana/numbers.html

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i see that i am really far behind in my reading and need to start reading more posts since i have been gone (whoosh)

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!