How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Test my product - Booster+

(38 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by gowthamgutha
  • Latest reply from gowthamgutha
  • Topic Viewed 909 times

gowthamgutha
gowthamgutha

Can anyone test and review my product Booster+ , check whether it is a useful tool or not

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

You do know that you are not allowed to self promote on this forum ?

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

Although we don't condone self promotion, you make a big mistake. What is to be boosted?
I am prepared to download and test but I would want to know what the product 'actually' does before doing so.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/booster/ gives an outline but how does it differ from others?

'Can anyone test and review my product Booster+ , check whether it is a useful tool or not' is a little light in the request

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

I will remove the link until we know more.

Posted 2 years ago

gowthamgutha
gowthamgutha

@lighthouse The post is not in the view of self promotion. Well, if some other product could come into the market, we usually talk about it, report problems, discuss them and make them solved. How-To Geek did not discuss about self promotion of products in forums though this post does not do so.

@vistamike The difference lies in the features, it is a set of tools, features are listed in the page which you've linked. They differentiate the product from others, boosting in the sense of speeding up the PC, the long description in the project homepage if taken into consideration gives an idea of what the product really is

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Fatal Installation Error (Jet 7.6 issue)

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

Like Rick, your first problem:

Tony

Posted 2 years ago

owen123
owen123

Same Problem Here

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

Same issue here

Posted 2 years ago

gowthamgutha
gowthamgutha

Now you can download @

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks.

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Direct downloads are not allowed!

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

gowthamgutha, direct downloads are strictly disallowed on HTG, please link to the page where the option is given please

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

ok, I got it installed.

Erm, what is it supposed to do again?

There is no log to fall back on it just did this on a quick 'test'

But what did it 'do'?

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

gowthamgutha
gowthamgutha

Ok. Fine. I will maintain a log of what is deleted from now, what still?

Thanks

Posted 2 years ago

gowthamgutha
gowthamgutha

@vistamike, @guiltyspark Thanks. I wont repeat it again. :)

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

As far as I can tell it is not a "Booster" of any kind as it does the same thing as the windows options USING the windows options eg...Uninstallers, Task Managers etc.

Installing a Third party app to "Boost" your system (yet another process) is a bit like saying "hey why not get rid of that 500GB drive and install this 20GB drive as its smaller and can therefor run faster".

The title is misleading, however keep plugging away, if this is your first Programme then it's pretty good but to be taken seriously you would have to create something that resembles "thin air" and does a better job all round of removing crap on a system.

I just uninstalled UBCD4WIN off a test machine and there are still Reg files left over.

SUMMARY

Not bad as attempts go BUT, nothing that you don't already get with Windows OS.

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

Much work needed, it is pretty useless for 'everyday' use, most is contained in Windows anyway.

I think you need to do much more work and thinking before this goes to market let alone test

At the moment it is in the pre-prototype stage.

Explain this; without a log and or explanation why would I want to 'Restart Immediately' without a proper report?

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

gowthamgutha
gowthamgutha

Thanks. It is 'my' first successful program. I am deciding it to improve it as a cleaner by hunting for the unnecessary junk and the 'Optimize Services' is something the services that are not really needed to one computer.

Well i found them on major blogs. Like you all people know and even suggest, that these services needed to be disabled for better performance, the same thing can be done in a single click there.

Posted 2 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

No disrespect intended, but I'm ALWAYS leery of these programs. Many reasons :

1) Can I recover and restore and choices made?
2) How 'safe' is doing something with this program?
3) Can it live up to its claims?
4) Is the author/designer/programmer competent?

From what I've seen, this programs doesn't meet #1. #2 takes time and trial and error to see if it is safe?

#3 is very hard to establish. Specifically ANY cleaner or 'tweaker' with respect to speed usually doesn't do much for one. Yes, there are many sides to the 'cleaner' of debris and registry if they do anything or not? Many remove temporary files and registry entries. Yes, immediately it appears the system is faster and more responsive, but over time and those temp items return there probably no difference than before.

#4 is a big one. Even people like Black Viper has some 'suggestions', but those are good ONLY if you know what you are doing and what you need to change? I've seen other programs that work on services by asking you what you do, wireless, games, power user, etc., but I've always had to go back in and change things. I seriously doubt one can find a program that will exactly do that? Personally I'd leave your age off, at least on the main screens. I'd have an 'about' or 'contact' tab that you could disclose this tidbit to people.

Again, all this I hope you take as constructive criticism, it is really meant that way.

Oh, the name, 'Booster' scares me off to tell you the truth. What I really see is an aggregate of tasks either that many users would know how to do or other programs have as well. What sets this program off from others?

Don't let me or anyone else discourage you though, keep on going and improve the program until it stands head and shoulders above others like it.

Irv S.

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

Irv, you are absolutely correct, anything that suggests +booster+ is damn well gonna cause more problems than you had in the first place.

Many people do look to speed their systems not perhaps realising that they have plenty tools to hand anyway.

I would rethink the idea of a 'booster'
Oh and by the way, it is not required in win 7. 7 takes very good care without 3rd party interference. A point to note
Another point to note, if it ain't broke, don't bloody fix it

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.