How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

Terminal window

(3 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by kate
  • Latest reply from Macca13
  • Topic Viewed 2570 times

kate

Hi all -

When I initialized the terminal on my G4 the window is so small nothing can be done in it. The entire "window" is the upper left corner, it includes the red button used to close the window, the small margin of gray that the red button occupies, a sliver of what would be the window border and indications of the three lines that one drags to the left to enlarge any window on a mac. I have looked through the terminal help, tried to drag the window larger and tried everything I could with the menu items without success in enlarging it.

If anyone can help, please let me know how to enlarge this window so I can use it.

Thanks in advance

Posted 6 years ago

knotbeer

Wow. This sounds like a real bummer. I don't know anything about Macs at all (on purpose, too) but it sounds like one of two things.

1. Maybe the monitor is going bad and is weirding out on you (highly unlikely given your description)

2. I don't know how to do it, but check your "Screen Resolution" and I bet this could be a likely issue.

If neither of those do it, then just simply toss your Mac out a tenth-story window and get a machine with Windows XP. (Vista won't be good for another Service Pack or two, so wait for those first)

Posted 6 years ago

Macca13

Amazing how many Mac-bashers have never actually used one. Ignorance is bliss I suppose

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!