The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Temple of Elemental Evil on Windows 7

(3 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by kickasspanda
  • Latest reply from faizy86
  • Topic Viewed 5066 times

kickasspanda

Ok, so I was going through my old PC games yesterday and found a game i really enjoyed. This being the AD&D : Temple of Elemental Evil. I have tried to install this game on my PC which uses windows 7, i remember it working fine on this same PC when it had Windows XP but I have recently upgraded and so far i have liked it. So basically heres the problem. I insert the disc and wait for the auto run warning to pop up, i allow the auto run to well, run, I then get a popup asking if i wish to install ToEE now. I click yes and then thats it. Nothing happens. My computer lags for about 1-2 minutes and then it runs normally without the setup. Wondering if leaving it there for a longer time would make it start up but im impatient. Is there any explanation to this? Also I have tried going to computer and double clicking the disk drive but that just lags my pc for 5 mins without any popups atall...
Thanks in advance.
Kickasspanda.

Posted 3 years ago

cmo999
cmo999

Try running it in compatibility mode! Right click on the executable, and go to the Compatibility tab. You said it ran in XP, so check the Run this program in compatibility for box and select XP. Another thing I have found with old games is sometimes if you use a standard user account most of the time like I do, it won't run properly, you have to run it with Administrator privileges.

Posted 3 years ago

faizy86

Here is the requirements for playing TOEE:
700 MHz Intel Pentium CPU, 128 MB RAM, 32 MB video card RAM, 4X CD-ROM drive, DirectX 9.0b, 800 MB available hard disk space, Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista....it means its not compatible with Windows 7..!
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T.....eo_game%29

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.