How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

Temperature Readings i7 3930k

(7 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by kylonewton
  • Latest reply from kylonewton
  • Topic Viewed 918 times

kylonewton

Hey everyone,

I've finally completed my first build :) It consists of the Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard and i7-3930k processor. For cooling I have the benefits of all the Haf x fans and an XSPC Raystorm RX240 kit. I've just left the CPU under 100% load for about 3 hours and the picture attached shows the readings I achieved.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhvbwwejl5vzgw5/Capture.PNG

This is under stock speeds and I'm just wondering if it's ideal or a bit higher than expected. I'm a complete noob so to be honest I have no idea.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,
Kyle

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Looks ok to to me. Try loading the system, and see what that brings up.

Posted 2 years ago

whs
whs

Those temps are low. Anything below 70C is fine.

Posted 2 years ago

kylonewton

The system was under full load at that...

So how far do you think it could be overclocked? Is it worth overclocking? Will I see much of a performance increase?

Posted 2 years ago

afuhnk
afuhnk

Nothing to add to what LH and WHS said (about the temp).

However, here's a friendly tip: holding "alt "while pressing "print screen" will take a screenshot of ONLY the window that has focus - removing any need to edit your screenshot ;)

Actually I have a lil more to add.
If you have a graphic card and want to monitor (and possibly even modify) fans speed, gpu temps, gpu loads and a bunch more info, I suggest MSI Afterburner.
I tried many but this one works great when playing games and I found is the best to make video capture (second to none FPS drop while recording).

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

That's a different question. Probably best to visit an overclocking site, before you fry things.

Posted 2 years ago

kylonewton

Apologies, I'll create a new topic, thanks everyone.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.