The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

System Startup in Vista Ultimate

(5 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by ashleygoh
  • Latest reply from thedudester
  • Topic Viewed 2701 times

ashleygoh

Hi, recently I left my computer running for an entire day. And thereafter the monitor screen went into blanko and after repeated reboots, the monitor didn't seem to come up.

Now, whenever I started up the computer, the monitor screen sometimes did not show up and i had to do some heavy rebooting, before able to get into vista.

Is there something wrong with the graphics card or the Vista program? Are there any settings i have to do to my system BIOS? I have checked and reconnected the video cables.

Thank you.
Ash

Posted 6 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

You should check in your power options and see if it's set to turn the monitor off after a certain amount of time.

Does it show your BIOS screen?

The other possibility is that the resolution is somehow getting set too high for your monitor to handle, resulting in the monitor shutting off.

Posted 6 years ago

ashleygoh

Thank you very much for your help. It just solved my problem! ;)

Posted 6 years ago

ashleygoh

Oh yes, the problem came back again, even I had adjusted my power settings in Vista. This time, while using the computer, a Blue screen came out of nowhere and the monitor went into hibernation mode (i determine this by the orange LED on the monitor, green means it's working and signal is connected).

Sometimes, when I startup the computer, the screen blanko. And apparently there is nothing I could do, except pushing the reset button (i think this is dangerous!).

Can someone share some insights into this? I thought of formatting my system, in case there are vicious bugs in there. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Ash

Posted 6 years ago

thedudester

There's a reliability update for Vista that you could try installing that says it fixes some screen blanking issues.

Vista 32-bit
http://www.microsoft.com/downl.....EEF7C1F7C2

vista 64
http://www.microsoft.com/downl.....732DCB2756

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!