The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

System recovery problem

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Trey
  • Latest reply from Trey
  • Topic Viewed 356 times

Trey

I have a samsung laptop with windows 7 home premium installed on it. last night it had to update and i was still doing something so i postponed the restart for 4 hours. i left/went away from my computer for about a couple minutes maybe 3 or 4 hours later and i came back to see there was a black screen. the mouse was there but the whole screen was black and the mouse was the loading symbol with the light blue circle that shows when a program is loading. it was like that for about 20 minutes so i shut down my computer by holding the power button . when i turned it back on it said windows didn't shut down correctly, start windows normally or start up in safe mode, i went to start up normally and it went to the windows start up screen but stayed there. for about two hours before i gave up and reboot. same thing happened. so booting from/using a usb i opened up the system recovery options and did start up repair . start up repair said something about it not being able to fix the problem automatically. so i tried it again and it restart but when it did all i was getting was a black screen with a cursor. it wasn't even loading windows 7 anymore. so i went to my system recovery options and when and the part after you select a keyboard layout/language then have to select an os with the load drivers page windows 7 wasn't showing up. normally the os that shows up is windows 7 or at least that's how it was before. on the page where you can choose to load drivers etc. i really don't know what to do now. please help?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

I would suggest to post the model of your computer. Also, read over your post. A couple of minutes is not 3-4 hours. What update were you trying? Read over your post and make sure what you are saying is right.

Posted 1 year ago

Trey

It was a windows update, not sure which exactly but it checks for/install updates like at 2 or 3 in the morning and when i said for about a couple of minutes maybe 3 or 4 hours later i meant i left my computer 3 or 4 hours later for a couple of minutes. sorry if i phrased that weird. but my laptop is a Samsung Series 3 NP305E5A-A03US

Posted 1 year ago

Trey

i just restored my laptop to factory settings. it's all cool that fixed the problem. thanks anyway though.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!