SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - System recovery options-HELP!!

(49 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by natalia
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 123912 times

ScottW
ScottW

Hey, Natalia! It has been a while, but I'm glad to hear that you have your system back in shape. Since they backed up your files, I hope that means that you got all of your important data recovered as well. I always appreciate hearing back from folks that we help, no matter how long the delay. Thank you.

Posted 4 years ago

shikha

Hey Scott - My Laptop had a similar problem that of Natalia! And i had been trying to google it and find various solutions! Came across your post and it worked wonders for me! I followed the dskchk procedure and followed the steps all through..and here it is, i can finally see my windows vista back in shape!

Thank you sooooo much..you are simply awesome!

Posted 4 years ago

Niks
Niks

congrats and welcome to HTG shikha.

Posted 4 years ago

MarkN1972
MarkN1972

ScottW: YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

I found this forum doing a Google search because I, too, had this problem. I followed the instructions you gave Natalia to the letter and in an hour and half I went from a non-booting Vista laptop to back to business as usual.
Thank you so much for helping her and the rest of us that have experienced this issue with your posts.

Posted 4 years ago

vampirefarie18

Hi Scott...I was on google looking for a solution to the problem above. I have followed all of your instruction as far as comand prompt and it is telling me no problem found. I have ran it 2 more times just to make sure and its telling me everything is ok in comand prompt. So i restarted it and it asked me if I want to launch startup repair (recommended) or Start windows normally. I choose to start it normally and it just goes back to the previous options so I picked launch startup repair. It then runs startup repair but it cant fix the problem. It then asks if i went to send an error report or not. If i click yes it tells me it can not. I then have to option to hit finish which will turn off the computer or cancel which will restart it or view advanced options for system recovery and support. I pick advanced option and it asked me keyboard layout so i choose US then it goes to a screen that says "to access recovery options, log on as local user. So i type in my password. It then takes me to the options finally. Please please help. :'(

Posted 4 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

Hi vampirefarie18 and welcome to HTG. Could you start a new topic, this one has expired. You will get a better response from the forum. Also could you state make, model and OS Thanks,

Mike

Posted 4 years ago

rafaelbraga

I honestly have no words to thank you Scott. your tips are very valuable.
I suggest you do a tutorial and publish on the intenet and send it to microsoft! Seriously!
I'll pass on your tips! Thank you!

Posted 4 years ago

basepaul21

Scott, if you're still checking this thread, I could use your help. I tried to go through your steps to fix my hard drive, but my situation is a little different. For starters, I never even got to the window's recovery screen while the drive was inside my laptop. Fortunately, I have a 2.5" SATA external drive case that I put my internal hard drive into, and have been trying to boot windows from 2 usb ports (because the usb cord that came with the drive case has 1 end with 2 male usb connections, and the other end has 1 usb connection). When running chkdsk /F f:, it came up ok, then I ran chksk /F e: and it is telling me that the disk type is RAW. If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate the help.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

basepaul21 hi. Please start a New Topic for your problem.
This thread is old, and is now closed.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!