system is keep restarting

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by abrar
  • Latest reply from ispalten
  • Topic Viewed 641 times

abrar
abrar

Dear all.

I am using windows xp os. since morning my pc was not working fine.If i start any program like coral draw, photoshop ps will keep restart. And i replaced the SMPs as well, still problem is remain same. so please anybody help me for this.....?

Posted 1 year ago

marks100
marks100

hi abrar have you ran a scan use this MBAM. the link on the left free version http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/

Posted 1 year ago

owen123
owen123

What are the specs of your pc?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

A computer that continually restarts usually is an overheating problem. Have you checked the fans?

Posted 1 year ago

BigDaveRS

Is it your system that restarts or the programmes on it?

Posted 1 year ago

abrar
abrar

see normally system is working fine. once we start coral drow & composer system will restart continuously. I thing those softwares have some issue.....?
please advice me for this....

Posted 1 year ago

abrar
abrar

Please help me for this

Posted 1 year ago

BigDaveRS

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Posted 1 year ago

tech27
tech27

I agree with Xhi, I had this similar problem that has been already solved by posting on HTG forums. What I did was I replaced the heatsink w/ fan and re-apply the thermal paste and PC is running fine then. But you may heed also other advises from other members, because they may even suggest much better solutions.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

abrar ,

Is it only when you run those two software's, Coral + Photoshop ?

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

Could be a MEMORY issue. Those are large programs and may be using memory that is not touched until these run.

First DISABLE 'restart on error' in the MY COMPUTER PROPERTIES, ADVANCED, STARUP AND RECOVERY and uncheck AUTOMATIC RESTART. You could be getting a BSOD with info that goes by too fast to see it. This will allow you to see it.

Also try using BLUE SCREEN VIEWER and see if that shows a problem with timestamps when the reboot occurs.

I guess I'd also run MEMTEST86 to test the memory and rule that out?

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!