The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

(Solved) - System Cleaners

(7 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by EricChavera
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 838 times

EricChavera

I was wanting to know if CCLEANER would be safe for Windows 8. I have done a little reading and all I can find was support for windows 7. If it isn't than what other applications can I use in the realm of "free".

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

Windows 8 is too new to have been fully tested by cleaners. You can do it manually tho. I still do it manually on Vista (never advanced to 7)

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark

The latest CCleaner is SUPPOSED to be compatible with Win 8, however as Lighthouse says, it is new and a lot more testing would be needed on individuals machines. So if you decide to try it, make sure you make an image of your machine first. That way you can always re-image when/if things go wrong.

Posted 2 years ago

EricChavera

I have become lazy, I used to manually clean my PC. In the recent years I have let that habit go and relied on the oh so easy one click cleaners.

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

As Lighthouse says, too few tested at the moment.
However when I was in 8 preview Ccleaner did not present any any problems.

As to the 'realm of free' for windows 8 this is a very dark area. Don't touch em! Watch this space and don't clean what to date, is not broken.

There are member here who are running 8 so this window could still be open, as it were.

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

afuhnk

CCleaner + Windows 8 64bits here. So far so good. BUT I'm VERY careful what I clean and I ALWAYS backup first.

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix

CCLEANER Does Remove Registry Entries in Windows 8 However some do come back.

The Master Events Error Log in Windows 8 is a pure mess but does NOT hamper the operation of Win8 system.

Still working on ALL the issues.

Rick P.

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.