The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Syncing Outlook on Notebook and Desktop

(4 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by awraynor
  • Latest reply from awraynor
  • Topic Viewed 1486 times

awraynor

I have what I thought would be a problem with a simple solution, but apparently not. What I would like to do it sync the Outlook data on my notebook with my desktop without an Exchange server of course. This is only for my personal computers.

I have tried Syncing.net while overcoming the 10K file limit on file sync, limits me to 100 folders within Outlook and doesn't do it that well. I also have Sync2 which doesn't do it as easily as they promised. I guess shared .pst via FTP host is an option for them and can anyone recommend a host. I would only use it to store the shared .pst file. I want to be able to sync within and outside of my home network. If this isn't reasonable, just let me know.

Otherwise, HTG, love the site, keep up the good work.

Posted 5 years ago

bherschell

Try Briefcase & junp drive. It works if you want both ths same

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

I think you can do it with this one. Read the page on the link. It says sync between desktop and laptop. I have used it to sync USB sticks but not on the home network. It worked fine for me.
http://www.allwaysync.com/

Posted 5 years ago

awraynor

For now I am using Sync2 on USB drive to sync all folders and Syncing.net to keep calendar and mail folders synced in real time. Wish one program would keep all folders synced in real time, although awkward this is working for now.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!