How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

synching tools

(3 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by ClownJuic3
  • Latest reply from ClownJuic3
  • Topic Viewed 737 times

ClownJuic3
ClownJuic3

looking for really reliable (if free better) bit rate syncing tool. I tried synch server (http://kessels.com/SyncServer/index.html) and it failed I have two computers and I synch them as a way to do backups (that was my solution to the laptop issue I had before if anyone remembers that) both are identical in every way but I need to (to save time and hassles) get a good bit rate syncing program. the situation that I will be using this for, and/or what I need it to do is When I remove a file on computer 1 it will remove that same file on computer 2 if I edit a file on computer 1 then computer 2 with get just the new part not the whole file in a transfer I was looking into some program I don't remember the name but it sounded great but it costed like $900 dollars, any ideas would be looked into and researched or any suggestions if you currently use one that you love I would to hear about it.

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

You probably talk about File Replication Pro. Seems to be the only one around. There are many that can do on file level, but bit level is tough.

Posted 5 years ago

ClownJuic3
ClownJuic3

so I've heard... but yeah file replication pro looks right, its an insane price though! lol just thought I would ask what everyone else uses and how they liked it and why

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!