The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - SuperAntiSpyware Problem

(5 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by JayBo
  • Latest reply from vistamike
  • Topic Viewed 310 times

JayBo

I hope this is appropriate to post this ? here,,,I am a newbie to HTG forum.
I have two windows 7 Hp home premium pcs, very near the same set-up. I use Firefox 16 0.2 browser on both. problem is , #1 pc SAS scans and finds near nothing 99% of the time, #2 pc finds same 90+ cookies every time I scan with SAS. As far as I can tell settings are identical on both pcs. I have reinstalled, SAS, FF browser, SpywareBlaster, turned off sys restore,cleaned cache, third party cookies blocked, rebooted every-time and all else I know. Sure would appreciate info on how to correct this. I know they are probably harmless, But I dont like it finding them. If I use IE browser only, it does not do this. Any advice will be greatly appreciated...Thanks..

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

Hi Jim, welcome. SAS does a pretty good job and most of us here use it.

Different browsing habits will produce different results between 2 machines.

SpywareBlaster is not as good as it used to be and is little used.

Most cookies are just small text files that remember you and are pretty innocent.

Settings in IE are different from FF so you might want to experiment how you clear your browsing history in both.

Hope that is some help.

{and thank you for your email reply}

Mike

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

marks100

hi also best not to get to many spyware programs they can cause or give false positive's ,what av have you installed
mark.

Posted 2 years ago

JayBo

Thanks for the replies ..I currently have Avast for av...It seemed more efficient than MSE, It did find a couple that MSE missed....Thanks..I do appreciate the help...JayBo...

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

Ok, Jim, you are running what is best for you so it looks like you are fine in this case, thanks for reporting back.

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.