The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

Sunbursts and flares

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by cabfoto
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 1028 times

cabfoto

I'm trying to extract sunbursts and flares from the background and not having any luck. Perhaps because there are light (from the sun) and dark areas coming through the sun. I want to make transparent sunbursts from my sunburst photos. Any suggestions would be kindly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

cabfoto

Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm working on a Mac using PS CS 5. Again, the light that is coming through the leaves of the trees silhouetting the trees is what is causing the problem, I think. I can't take out the light since PS can't tell the difference between the light through the trees and the sunburst that I want to extract or save. Thanks to anyone who knows how-to do this.

Posted 1 year ago

CompWiz
CompWiz

cabfoto, still uncertain about your inquiry.

Posted 1 year ago

cabfoto

Sorry. I have photos of sunbursts and lens flares. I want to put just the sunbursts or lens flares on a transparent layer to use on other photos. I have seen them for sale but would like to make my own. Does that help? Thanks!!!!

Posted 1 year ago

hatryst
hatryst

Hi cabfoto. Can you post the image for us to see? Upload it at photobucket or somewhere and post it here, would be easier to understand...

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

There are lots of free plugins for photoshop and similar programs that will create sunbursts and lensflares for you.
Adding a sunbursts and lensflares to a picture is easy, taking them out is a different matter.
It's been a long time since I used things like these so I don't remember the plugin names, but here's a site to start looking: plugin site

Edit:here you can download some brushes that can do the same.

Posted 1 year ago

cabfoto

Thank you so much for the responses. I will look into the plug-ins. Thank you!

As far as making a transparent sun flare (to use on other photos) from my sun flare photo, I will have to look into photobucket because I have never heard of that. I thought there might be an 'upload file' here but I see there is not. Sorry, I'm a newbie here. I will get back to you on this. Thanks again for trying to help. I'll be right back...

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=8 This may help.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!