The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Submit Questions For Vreel

(3 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by mysticgeek
  • Latest reply from mysticgeek
  • Topic Viewed 812 times

mysticgeek

Hey guys, I will be doing an interview with the head of Vreel for their new Version V2 coming out in a few weeks. If you have any questions you would like to ask just post them here.

You can check out a review and the interview for the first version at:
http://blogs.howtogeek.com/mys.....l-founder/

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Um, wassa vreel? OK, I can look that up for myself. How about: "why have I never heard of Vreel?" I know what Stage6 is, or rather, was. However, I haven't heard of Vreel until just now. Maybe I'm hanging out in the wrong parts of the web. Or, maybe they have a campaign to get the word out?

"Why DivX?" I guess that it's necessary to host all the files from Stage6, but it strikes me odd to be using a closed, proprietary standard in the face of the current popularity of free, open-source solutions.

"Another web player?" Am I reading this right? I have so many already: WMV, QuickTime, Flash, Real, and the original DivX Web Player. Why must there be another player thrown into this mess?

Posted 5 years ago

mysticgeek

I have talked to the people over at Vreel and there is going to be tons of new cool features .... yes ScottW this is basically the new Stage6. I will be testing out the launch party in a few days ... and at the same time will be getting an interview with them all.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!