How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

Sub $1000 build "guide"

(11 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by mickeyblue
  • Latest reply from Flanders2
  • Topic Viewed 5558 times

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

hey, i thought id compile a list of parts not exceeding $1000 for the sole purpose for members looking for a sub-$1000 build, this build is mainly for gaming and high end, its just a list of parts from newegg after doing some online window shopping. its only the tower and essential components, NOT including the monitor and OS. i hope people can benefit and get ideas from this and id also appreciate members contributing opinions,suggestions and better deals. After all we all want the best equipment for the least price. so here goes i hope you like it........oh this is an Intel build, ill post one with an AMD option, which is most likely to be slightly cheaper.

CPU : Intel Core i5 750 2.66ghz LGA1156 $200.00
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.....6819115215
Motherboard : AsRock P55 Extreme $140.00
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.....6813157172
RAM : G.Skill Ripjaw 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 $94.00
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.....6820231277
Video Card : ATI Sapphire Radeon HD5770 1GB 128-bit Dx11 $180.00
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.....6814102858
Boot SSD : OC-Z Vertex 30GB solid state disk $100.00 (after $30.00 rebate)
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.....6820227393
Storage HD : Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB 7200rpm $70.00
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.....6822136218
Optical drive : Samsung DVD-RW multi writer $31.00
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.....6827151187
Case & PSU : Antec 900 & Antec earthwatts 650W 80plus eff combo $160.00
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.....6811129064

Total : $975.00 (after $30.00 rebate)

there are other ways to make this cheaper, but why sacrifice quality for a few dollars, sure i could of chosen a caviar green, but based on my personal experience its not the kind of HD for high-end systems, i was disappointed with the caviar green.
if other members can add suggestions that would be great, this could be a "guide" if you will.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Good idea. I will make it a sticky for a while, to see the reaction.

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

cool beans :)

Posted 4 years ago

semiretired
semiretired

On video, I'm not a gamer, but would like to own a dual HDMI out, with sound, to mirror two tvs/monitors with 1080p/i capability. I watch webcast sports and send it to a larger tv. DVI to HDMI is not good enough, no sound.

When a monitor is considered, I just purchased a 24" tv(32" would not be too big) to use as a monitor. With the right video card, It would be great. The sound will never be as good as separate speakers though.

I am trying to reduce the mess of wires that are used under normal circumstances. I am using a wireless logitech wave keyboard/mouse combo and the tv's speakers for my main system (less wires). Since I generally have at least two systems up and also have a tv/dvr/vcr/dvd pile all in an "L" configuration, I produce a rat's nest of wires.

Except for the video card, I guess this is all "add on" stuff..........but you have to do that too.

Posted 4 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

Very nice build MB. You are the Jedi Master!

Also on NewEgg,

ASUS VW224T 22" monitor $159.99

Logitech cordless keyboard & mouse combo $59.99

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

@ semiretired, i agree, 2 x HDMI is great, however, on this card you can use the DVI - HDMI as the motherboard comes with a SPDIF output that handles all the sound when using a DVI - HDMI adapter.

@ prosthetichead, if im the Jedi master you are YODA!!! the ultimate master

nice monitor and Keyboard & mouse links.

Posted 4 years ago

medley56
medley56

So if I wanted to bump up the RAM and Processor just a bit and add a BluRay reader, what should I look at? You are being a great help by the way mickeyblue. At this point, I think I'm just gonna pretty much go off of this guide.

-Gavin

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

please see your topic for my answer, no problem, it why i made the "guide" specifically for this reason :)

Posted 4 years ago

jsalazar

Where's the AMD option you promised us? :D

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

aaah i forgot about that, will post one ASAP.

Posted 4 years ago

Flanders2
Flanders2

Thanks for the build, I've bee wanting to build a computer for awhile and this seems pretty much perfect

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!