The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Tutorials

Startup Repair issues

(4 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by ryssa
  • Latest reply from germ-x
  • Topic Viewed 1242 times

ryssa

i'm not most tehcnologicaly literate person in world, my laptop is brand new asus and misbehaving. need computer badly for grad school requirements including job. yesterday the laptop was having difficulty staying logged onto the school wifi in my office (i'm a grad assistant for a forensics/archaeology lab) but other student assistants in the same office were having the same issues with sstaying loged in and then about 1 pm it decided to finally quit on me. the startup repair window has been up for the last 15 hours with no luck. worst part is that i have a partially completed conference paper on there and i have already had to cancel my apearance at the conference becuase i don't know the first thing about fixing computers and i dont know how long this repair will take.......i can help replace a pressed in wheel bearing on a car with absolutely no mechanised tools and i can identify about 20 types of textile manufacturing techniques just from photographs but forget about the computer.....very detailed instructions in non-geek english woudl be greatly appreciated, thanks! :D

Posted 3 years ago

germ-x

ryssa hi,
You can try this to recover your data then we can work on getting your system working properly
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....-computer/

Posted 3 years ago

ryssa

okay cd is burned (hopefully) and in. i seem to be geting somewhere since its at a window other than the system repair. :D

Posted 3 years ago

germ-x

You should be able to copy your important data /documents > photos >whatever else onto either an external hard drive, flash drive or CD /DVD.
Once you have all data safely copied then you will need a repair disk or your installation disk.
Need your O/S, important for the correct tutorial

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.