I want my computer to start directly onto my desktop screen instead of the blue screen with pcuser account page. It used to load like that until I sent it in to have new usb ports installed. Very new to computers and don't know where to go for this.
Go to http://tuneup.com and download the trial software. Then open it, and go to the first option to customize your system, and you should find login stuff. You can from there set the autologon, and if you uninstall the program, the setting stays.
Here's a way that should work:
1. Open the start menu
2. In the search box type "control userpasswords2" (without quotes).
3. Press enter.
4. Click continue.
5. Uncheck "Users must type a user name and password to use this computer".
6. Click ok.
Oops, didn't notice that.
Here are the instructions for XP:
1. Open the start menu and click run.
2. Type "control userpasswords2" (without quotes) and Press enter.
3. Click continue.
4. Uncheck "Users must type a user name and password to use this computer".
5. Click ok.