The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Start Blogging

(3 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by ashleygoh
  • Latest reply from ashleygoh
  • Topic Viewed 1447 times

ashleygoh

Hi Geek, I suppose asking this question here is not considered rude :)

I am looking into starting a blog. I was thinking of relating the blog to my business (ie. coaching presentation skills, team-building stuff). In my minds, there are a lot of things that I can write about, share, advise on. However, I am quite at a lost on where to start, especially in the hi-tech jungle (though i can install/re-install o/s) On my company website, it would be more informational details about my products, and I am also building up the website myself (it will be bilingual in English & Thai).

Questions are:
1. How would I gauge what kind of blogging software would be good? Will wordpress be able to provide functionalities such as Comments, Subscribe, RSS, etc. etc.
2. Since there are tons of things that I am currently doing (i am sure you too), any advise on how to get things going especially on the IT side?

I am so sorry to ask basic questions. But I think that's how things are when starting a company. 'Almost freaking out!' ;)

Any advise is greatly appreciated.
Thank u.
Ash.

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

Ashley,

You are always welcome to post any question on the forum...

1) WordPress is the best software for blogging, and it's worth it to have your own domain name.

2) I'm not sure what you mean, but why don't you email me and we can discuss =)

In the meantime, you need to read Darren's articles at http://www.problogger.net/ He's got a section in the middle of the page called "Best of Problogger", with different tabs for the different areas. Read all of them.

Posted 6 years ago

ashleygoh

Thanks Geek! I have gone through half of the website which you recommended, and am compiling questions to ask later. I may try out wordpress and see how it works.

Thank you very much and will send an email soon.
Ash

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.