(21 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Scott
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 2357 times

Scott

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watou

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

thx again you have out done your self lol all i really needed was a simple expaination but thx for the extra work on your part :) this is why we love our mods so much

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

And why this mod *loves* this beer. Thanks jack :)

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

haha lol i love this forum hehe

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny

I love this forum too. It takes my mind off of anything and everything which reminds me, why have you guys stopped speaking in your native languages? My babel fish is covered in cob webs:) Anyway, thanks for the never ending diversion!

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

ich bin ein auslander ich spreche nicht gut deutsch :D

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny

nicht sure ein welches auslander ist, aber ihr deutsch ist weit besser als meine:)

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

i think i spelled it wrong but it is a foreigner lol

and it may be because i took 4 years of german in my high school but still don't remember too much and it wasn't even that long ago lol

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny

I was just trying to figure out where you are from. To me an Auslander is Austrian or Australian, but I don't think so (dinkhams right?) Anyway, we all know you don't live in your computer:) I took 6 years of French and am from a French community and still can't speak it. I can understand most of it, just can't speak it.

Thanks for letting me dust the cob webs off my babel fish. You're a good man Jack:)

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

lol i'm in the U.S. but am a foreigner to some on this forum and was trying to think of something easy to say on the fly lol and i basically do live in my pc haha

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny

Seriously? All this time I thought you were Dutch or Finn or something lol. Go figure:)

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

Okej. Fair dinkum. Too tokig ici, ledsen!

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny

Wow, couldn't give me something easy like French could ya:) Anyway, Aussie..Aussie..Aussie....Oiy..Oiy..Oiy and I hope you feel better soon!

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

Hi Oma :) How's you doin'? You are very observant. (I am fair to middlin' at the moment, but things should be better in a couple of weeks).
And "ici" is French! :)

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny

I'm much better now that it looks like Ike may miss us. The tokig and ledsen translated between Swedish and Finnish. The best I could figure is you either feel sad or you're mentally insane. I chose the former:) and love the language challenge!

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

nope i'm all american hehe does this mean that i'm not completely americanized lol :D

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny

Jack, I shouldn't have assumed. You get along very well with everyone and that's a wonderful trait to have regardless of where you come from:)

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

Yeah, those Minnesotans are almost as friendly as the Vermontsters :p

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny

I like to think all Americans are friendly people:) Scott, if I may, I'd like to thank you for protecting me from whatever that pepsi666 fiasco was. I understand there was some question as to whether you did the right thing. I never got to see the post, so I know you did the right thing. I hope The Geek knows how lucky he is to have you. All the mods here are the best in the business and I'm very grateful to all of you!

Posted 6 years ago

whs

techgranny, I can only second what you say. We are lucky to have such a team. And on the other note: You know that I have lived in may different countries. I found that people are basically all the same regardless of country. No country I know stands out in the amount of friendly or unfriendly people. That is different though when it comes to priorities and education (and I do not mean that in terms of good or bad - just different). In order to understand that, you have to understand history.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.