Tips to combat low storage space:
1. If you have enough RAM, lower the amount of pagefile. I suggest moving the pagefile to another local drive
2. If you do not use hibernation, disable it.
3. Delete files and do disk clean up.
4. Use CCleaner
5. Lower the allocation of the recycle bin
6. Disable system restore point and use scheduled system image backup. If you want system restore point to work, then just delete restore point without turning it off. Just remember to delete restore point once in a while to avoid build up.
7. Use WinDirStat http://windirstat.info/ to check what is taking up your space. Particularly look for log files that can grow bigger over time. Try to delete them.
8. Uninstall unused program and window component.
9. Move user files (music, photo, documents, etc) to external storage.