The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Special Key Combinations

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by JerLoe
  • Latest reply from JerLoe
  • Topic Viewed 539 times

JerLoe

I have a desktop manager and have configured it to 2 desktops. The reason is the second one will be used as my screen saver. What I'm trying to do is when the screen saver is started, I want it to send a Alt+2 to go to the second screen then Alt+1 to return after waking from screen saver. So what I'm looking for is how to send Alt+1/Alt+2 in a script or batch file. Also, looking for an alternative way to accomplish this if it can not be done. If this can't be done, please explain why.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

JerLoe, hi and welcome.

Could you tell us the Desktop Manager (3rd party?) and the Operating System you are using.

Posted 1 year ago

JerLoe

Using Dexpot and Windows 7

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

In windows 7 have never needed this option.

However there is this that might be worth looking at (untested my end because I don't need it)

http://www.actualtools.com/mul.....reensaver/

Edit; the prog you have appears to have bundled software

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

JerLoe

I'll give it a look-at. Even so, is there a way to send Alt+1, Alt+2,.... in scripts? I haven't been able to find anything on Google unless I'm not looking or wording my query right.

I didn't seem to get any unwanted 'bundled software' when I installed Dexpot. Unless it's hidden and still on my machine. Could you elaborate?

Jerry

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Yep, I don't like additions with a download

Posted 1 year ago

JerLoe

Okay, thanks for the advice on Dexpot. Still, is there a way to send Alt+1, Alt+2,.... in scripts?

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!