The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Disability Tech

speakers for manual wheelchair

(3 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by nanalou
  • Latest reply from jmeeks49
  • Topic Viewed 1523 times

nanalou

hi I am not that techie so will need lots of help. My grandson is 7 he has cerebral palsy and has little use of limbs and no speech. He has recently begun to communicate using an IToby programme on a computer which uses eye pointing. he loves music but headphones are not too much use as they fall off when his head twists. I would love to get him speakers for his wheelchair i think i can prob get him some reasonable portable ones which would plug into his computer but would like some advice on which ones and can i get waterproof ones?. I found a site 'rock while you roll' but they dont seen to be in production. What I would love is some that could be controlled by his eye pointing so he could choose what to listen to and how loud. I would like good quality sound but not too expensive as this may be a bit of an experiment for now. I dont know how crucial the power source may be or whether the speakers would drain his computer power too much please help thanks in advance

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

nanalou, hi and welcome. This came up a while back. Have moved to accessibility forum.

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....replies=29

Posted 2 years ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

nanalou,

first of all welcome to HTG,

I to have cerebral palsy as mike mention in the above post i wanted the samething as your grandson does if his computer has a headphone jack he could use these from ihome https://www.ihomeaudio.com/iHM79BC/ i bought these and put some heavy velcro on both my power chair and the speakers and they work perfectly. they usb rechargeable so you shouldn't have a problem. hope this helps.

john

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!