The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

sound problems

(3 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by ambertape
  • Latest reply from ambertape
  • Topic Viewed 694 times

ambertape

I have a strange problem with audio in Windows 7. I have a Intel motherboard DP35DP with audio on board and is supposed to use a IDT audio driver to enable it. I have downloaded at least six different IDT (Sigmatel) drivers including a windows 7 from HP website and the error I get is hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software. I did contact Intel got the run around and failed with their IDT driver so far.

As I looked around Intel website, I saw that one of my problems was that I didn't enable the audio link and the BP/FP audio to be enabled in the bios. It went further on to state that I should set the high definition front panel to be enabled but this part isn't in the bios.

All of a sudden, Microsoft stated that they installed a HD audio device driver, I connected my speakers to the green input connector and I had audio coming out of the back panel, but nothing from the front panel. It stated that the front panel was enabled as well as the rear panel but didn't work at all.

When I went to Media Player, I was able to play their sample video file. I imported a quicktime video , it wouldn't play sound but played video and realized I need a codec to play this file. I then went to my video editing program called Movie Edit Pro 15, I could play the video but there wasn't any audio.

I installed a old CompUSA Audio card, found the Windows 7 driver rom C-Media went back into Movie Edit Pro 15, played the video and I heard sound at the same time. How can I straghtenout my audio problem so I won't need the CompUSa udio card ?

Thanks

Posted 4 years ago

at0mic

go to control panel> hardware and sounds> sounds and see if your audio device(speakers) has a green check beside it. if so click on it and click on "configure" if it high lights. select your audio channel (stereo, quadraphonic, surround, etc) and "test". if you get sound from your speakers click "next" and check off if you have full range speakers, if not hit "next" and "finish".

for some reason mine had set itself to 7.1 surround and i only picked up back ground sound until i set it to 2 speaker stereo

Posted 4 years ago

ambertape

I get a green check mark, hit configure, test and I get a sound from each speaker. Before I took out the audio card I did the same test, the card had a green check and when you double click you speaker properties the rear and from green jacks are highlighted. My problem is that without the CompUSA card in the motherboard, I cannot play any video in my video editing program and hear the sound but with the audio card in my motherboard I get audio and video playback. My front panel doesn't work whether I have the audio card in my motherboard. I have two problems. No sound playing video files and no sound in the front of my computer.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.