The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Sound in Fujitsu-Siemens Laptop sounds STATIC and RUMBLY

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by racquel127
  • Latest reply from doctordeere
  • Topic Viewed 622 times

racquel127

I don't really know how to describe to you how it sounds. It's not that it's a small tinny quality of sound, (I would just keep quiet and buy earphones), the problem is worse - it just doesn't sound "right", it sounds garbled and as if I'm hearing the music or speech through a machine (a noisy machine at that).
I'm terrible at computers, please don't tell me to check my DV2 R at the Linus Vod Drivers in the Javascript (I'm sure that makes no sense but I'm just explaining how I have no idea about computers..) So please.. talk to me like I'm the dummy I am!!! i.e. Racquel - go to Start. In Start go to Programs. Or to Control Panel. Click on... etc etc. If I have to check which windows I have, please tell me where to look for that.

Thank you so much to anybody who can help me with this annoying problem!!!
Racquel

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Can you connect external speakers or try ear phones?

Posted 1 year ago

racquel127

First of all, thank you for responding.
Secondly, I tried ear phones and I don't hear anything at all.
Also, I tried looking in my control panel (see I do know how to find something! :-) and where there should be speakers etc, there is this notation:
no audio output device is installed.
Is this something that I have to download?
Thanks again warlock!
Racquel

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

I know you don't want to but, you have to help. Put up the model of your computer, should be a tag somewhere and what windows you are running. Sounds to me like your missing some updates, or driver issues.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

I go with warlock on the driver issue. But does it only sound like that in one channel ?
Is it still under warranty ?

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

"I tried ear phones and I don't hear anything at all."
Are you positive that they were plugged in to the headphone jack as opposed to the microphone jack? On my little Acer, the two are only 3/4 inch apart from one another and not particularly well marked.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.