How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Someone else is using my memory?

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by livletliv
  • Latest reply from presence1960
  • Topic Viewed 465 times

livletliv
livletliv

I need to know how to remove the things that this person has put on my computer to track me. Just purchased 2 GB of memory and still dont't have enough space to download photoshop and I've noticed alot of "new" items on my computer. Still a novice in the computer world Please HELP.

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar
gedstar

What space do you have you the Hard Drive? when you say "download Photoshop" do you mean Install it, Photoshop will run in 2GB memory fine although the more memory you have the better.
You need to go into Add/Remove programs and see what programs the person installed and un-install if you don't need them.

You can check what is using up the space on the hard drive if that's the problem with the below tool

http://windirstat.info/

Also what makes you think he put things on the computer to track you?

Posted 1 year ago

presence1960
presence1960

Looking at your description of the issue it looks like you want to remove software or malware from your hard disk. You are using the term memory incorrectly. memory is RAM which is what the 2 GB is that you purchased. However that being said "memory" has nothing to do with your hard disk which is where all your files and software including your Operating System(s) are residing. You can try going to control panel and looking for the "unwanted" programs and try uninstalling from there. In the case of malware the fix is a little more difficult.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!