The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

someone controlling my computer

(31 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by traakr9
  • Latest reply from GuiltySpark
  • Topic Viewed 1435 times

traakr9

desktop a6750t 2.5ghz quad core .3 gig ram. light i answered your question 3 posts up.i tried both.
after turning windows update off i turned my machine on today and it updated itself and freezes now and then.
gotta run windows again.i think i know who is doing this.
the steps are, boot from dvd drive with win 7 disk in the drive.press any key to continue and then the machine does the rest except put license in for you.then i put my name in and all should be good.i skip the start wireless connection so i can put in anti spyware first.kaspersky for now.
kaspersky at first found the keyloggers at first but not anymore.
i will format my hard drive on another computer since win7 does a very weak format.i found kaspersky still on the hard drive after formatting and reinstalling win7.lol

Posted 2 years ago

traakr9

very funny rap.i did something stupid that is why i am being hacked.not paranoid.they are trying to build a case against me.just want them out of my computer which is not going to happen.

Posted 2 years ago

Drizzle

Grannys two penneth...
1.Why dont you deban the whole lot and then reinstall from original disk...
http://www.ehow.com/facts_7526.....ll-os.html
2.Change every password.

1.As the guys asked how did you do your re installs?
EDIT Sorry LH missed that bit off my post....2 Answer LH Question "Are you using Wireless"?????

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

It seems to me that if some one was trying to get something on you they would not be so obviously detectable.

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

For the 3rd, and final time. Are you connected by wireless ?

Posted 2 years ago

bbno

I've just gotta laugh at Light houses comments :P
Don't ask me how to do this but by the sounds of it if they are accessing EVERYTHING about you then you may need to start New, New installation, New passwords, New everything :P Follow this thread to help create secure passwords http://www.microsoft.com/secur.....reate.aspx

Posted 2 years ago

Hermitt

@Lighthouse-

i skip the start wireless connection so i can put in anti spyware first.kaspersky for now.

If I understand correctly, he's using a wireless connection.

Jim

Posted 2 years ago

traakr9

lighthouse didn’t you read my answer?i am using ethernet and was using wireless.it didn’t make any difference.i started today with windows updating and i shut off win update.go figure.i am using ethernet.
good point XHI.
then what the h--- is going on.still freezing once in a while.
went to the bank to change password and got a message in my phone to call the number of my phone company so they could get my password then they left a message on my phone browser making nasty comments.who would attack me this bad.????
i am selling my desktop and just going to use linux on my laptop.its hackable too but not like windows.
oh and i forgot to mention that if these hackers are this good, changing passwords online is useless.
anyone live in Illinois near Chicago???

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark

If you keep getting keyloggers-Trojans on your machine you probably have a Virus allowing backdoor Trojans in.

1. Use a different computer and download Avira Recovery disc ISO and burn to disc with Imgburn (download can be found on HTG).

2. Turn off System Restore.

3. Boot from Avira disc update and run Full scan.

4. When scan is complete boot into Safe mode and set your windows Firewall to maximum setting (high).

5. Check browser settings to make sure there is no redirect home page. (basically make sure your home page is the one that you want, there are a lot of fakes).

6. Restart machine normally.

Posted 2 years ago

traakr9

spark every time i reinstall win 7 for the zillionth time i put kaspersky in before i go on line.then after a few mins it all starts all over again.all settings on high meaning set to stop root kits, set to stop just about everything.who ever is doing this is a real pro,not some kid hacker.
i have disabled remote settings in the registry and anywhere i could find.
how do i find the port this person or company is coming in from.??
i am really liking Ubuntu but cant play a few games i pay for.
i have my computer up for sale i just cant take this s--- anymore.
i will try your method before i give up one last time.
can i use nero 7 for image burn?thanks for the advice,i will keep everyone posted on my nightmare.
by the way i am not even worried about my grammar i am just typing informally.

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark

When you're next online go here : https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

And run the port scan see what it finds.

*note select all service ports.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.