The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

someone controlling my computer

(31 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by traakr9
  • Latest reply from GuiltySpark
  • Topic Viewed 1435 times

traakr9

how do i find the person or ip # of the hacker controlling my computer.i have run win 7 13 times in 4 weeks and and no anti spyware keeps them out.
could it be microsoft or gov agency?
they erased my email, ruined my game playing and all sorts of crazy things.they even put mein kamph puter [the book hitler wrote]on my hard drive and phone # as hal 2000.help,cant take much more.maybe need a lawyer?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Change your passwords.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Hmmm. Never heard of such a thing. I would suspect a roommate or ex-significant other, someone that has actual access to your computer or local area network..

Do you have the usual Firewall and anti-virus programs in place. Run MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware. Delete everything they find.

Posted 1 year ago

traakr9

Yep did all that.found about 3 keyloggers and other types of malware.They just keep coming back.
I tried asking comcast to change my dynamic ip but they said no,but then again there is my comp's ip.
I have no where to hide.
They took my license code for spyware doctor from my email, got into constant guard from comcast,the list goes on and on.
Again i found an antispyware that found the keyloggers but then again they just come back.
I think the ones who do this are microsoft or a gov agency.maybe?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Not a chance!

Try an off line cleaner like the Kaspersky Rescue Disk and/or Microsoft Offline Defender

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@Xhi, I am skeptical. A prank maybe.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Yes, no need to change a dynamic IP!!

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Needs to set DeviceFullSecurity key in registry to 1

0=Disable 1=Enable 3=Default

Tip was posted many times in Vista forum.

Posted 1 year ago

traakr9

Thank you all so much for the advice.I have been using kaspersky before i go on line.They even got into my android and left nasty messages on my browser.
Rap? what is the registry path to device security?I just joined and didn't know this was posted before.
I had to go to my bank and change the password,then got messages requesting my password.man this is really bad.i am using Ubuntu writing this.
I ran windows 2 times today and still same b---s---browser freezing, downloads not responding.
I am a total target.
I was researching on line and there are two things you cannot stop.Microsoft and the Gov getting into your computer.I think it is one or both.
Changing passwords on line with key loggers and screen shots will not work.lol
The only real problem i have is ,i cannot play some flight games i play with Linux.I wish i could do away with windows,it is getting frustrating.
I guess i will run the damn os a million times. i paid for it i should be allowed to use it.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

I gotta look it up in Vista forum, so much searching we do!

Posted 1 year ago

traakr9

thanks rap!

Posted 1 year ago

Superevil
Superevil

Have you reinstalled Windows?

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

Best thing you can do is shut your computer off when you are not using it. If you are using it and don't have to be on the internet then disconnect your connection until you need internet access.
When your on the internet look at your hdd light and see if it is blinking fast or just a few blinks every now and then. If it is blinking rapidly and your not downloading or surfing the web then disconnect your connection and see if the blinking stops.
If your machine is off or your not on the internet then the only person that has access to your system is you.

Posted 1 year ago

owen123
owen123

Is your pc allowing remote connections?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If it is then turn it off.

To find it go to: My Computer, then system properties at the top then on the left go to remote settings

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Are you using wireless connection ?

Posted 1 year ago

traakr9

germ, great idea will try.owen, did that already.light, i tried both.super, i reinstalled windows 14 times in 3 or 4 weeks.getting tired of doing it.
i wish i could to speak to some of you in person but that isn't a good idea.i think i know what is really going on.
people have been really helpful on this forum,i am amazed that there are some decent people left on the planet.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

You didn't answer my question. Are you using wireless ?

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

Rick, your cruel, but nice sense of humor

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

i reinstalled windows 14 times in 3 or 4 weeks

Can you describe the steps you used to reinstall Win7 14 times?
Also tell us what type of PC you are using (Laptop/desktop, etc...).

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!