The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Solution to the subtitles problem in wmp12 in windows7

(2 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by aditrath
  • Latest reply from MXP
  • Topic Viewed 10856 times

aditrath

Windows Media Player 12 of Windows Se7en does not show the subtitles(*.srt or *.sub) as it shows used to show in Windows Media Player 11 or lower versions. In order to view the subtitles while playing a movie you have to follow the following steps:

1. Go to C:\Windows\System32\
2. Find a file named as mfpmp.exe
3. You have to rename it to any name say mfpmpe.exe. The file is in System32 folder so you have to take its ownership.
In order to do that:
a) Right click on mfpmp.exe
b) Go to Properties
c) Go to Security tab
d) Under Group or user names select Users (Computer-PC\Users) [Note: Computer-PC refers to your computer name]
e) Then select the Advanced button
f) Under Permissions tab select Users (Computer-PC\Users) and click on Change Permissions
g) A new popup open i.e. Advanced Security Settings for mfpmp.exe. Select on the Users (Computer-PC\Users) and click on Edit.. tab
h) Tick mark the check box in Allow column of Full Control and click on OK.
i) Under Advanced Security Settings for mfpmp.exe click OK
j) After you click OK you'll be prompted by a pop up "You are about to change the permission settings on system folders, which can result in
unexpected access problems and reduce security. Do you want to continue?" Click on Yes. Again Click on OK for the two windows.
k) After that you can simply rename the file to mfpmpe.exe.

Now the subtitles will work in Windows Media Player 12 of Windows Se7en.

Posted 4 years ago

MXP

Line "h" simply no go. I can see the columns, but no option to click on it. Any idea? Anyone?

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!