How-To Geek Forums / Disability Tech

software to control phone

(7 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by jessy9937
  • Latest reply from jessy9937
  • Topic Viewed 1232 times

jessy9937
jessy9937

hey,i want to know if there is a software available through which i can control the functions of my phone through usb/bluetooth on my computer and i am not talking about playing music/media files but to actually control when to switch on/off the camera,open files in the phone.i have an iphone 3gs and nokia 6700s
i be happy if there is one.seems interesting!!!

Posted 2 years ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

Hi Jessy,

i found a video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?f.....o4lkjnJMDI that will do that with tightvnc over wifi but nothing over usb or bluetooth if you need anymore help with this just write back.

john

Posted 2 years ago

jessy9937
jessy9937

thanks,but no luck for nokia phone on windows os.

Posted 2 years ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

sorry

Posted 2 years ago

jessy9937
jessy9937

thnks anyways mr.meek

Posted 2 years ago

AdamG

If you had an Android phone then you would probably have more chance of finding something (you would have to root/hack your phone first though).

I tried an app called PAWS (I think that was it's name) which was pretty cool, you basically log into a web server running on your phone using a browser on your PC.

I am not sure whether it could do all the things you want but there was quite a lot of good things to play with.

A

Posted 2 years ago

jessy9937
jessy9937

thnx 4 ur response adam although i dont have an android phone but i ll check it out thru friends

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.