The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

So.. What line of work is everybody in?

(50 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by The Geek
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 3706 times

Lighthouse

It does what it says in the video. Downloads wine directly into any computer with a USB port from the vineyard of your choice (actually it doesn't list ALL the vineyards)

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Lighthouse, I want one that dispenses "Chambertin Clos de Beze" - my favorite. If that is not available, I settle for a "Romanee Conti" - but a 1945.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

whs, it's one I've not had, but it's a Bourgogne, which tend to be quite nice (not exactly my taste though)

Posted 6 years ago

p0oper89

Geek How you know where i am? lol, are you the one thats been stalking me lately?

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Lighthouse, Maybe you would like a Chateau d'Yquem - I still have a 1971 and some Margeaux too. But for certain foods (e.g. Duck which we eat a lot) I like the Cahors, they are a lot cheaper too.

Posted 6 years ago

The Geek

@p0oper89

First, you have "MD" on your location on your profile... secondly since I'm an administrator I can see your IP address. =)

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

It's a proxy

Posted 6 years ago

p0oper89

yea i know, the things you could do :D. Just imagining

Posted 6 years ago

InDiSent

I have mostly worked Helpdesk jobs. Great story....

I used to work helpdesk for Wellcare. I got a job offer doing backup and storage working with Legato, Netbackup and a few others. I never did any kind of backup and storage work before, but they said they would train. So here i am a Data Storage Engineer. Anyway, back to the funny part. After i put in my resignation and left Wellcare to start this job....about 1 week later Wellcare was raided by the FBI for Healthcare Fraud. I got out just in the nick of time.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

I never told you what I did, did I?.
Well, I worked for a corporation that ...............AAAAAAAAAAAAghhhh
Ouch. just got blown off the ladder..AGAIN!!!!!

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.