The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Snow Rollers (local)

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Scott
  • Latest reply from jcx
  • Topic Viewed 884 times

Scott

"...These must have formed on Friday night, before the really cold air came in. Temperatures were still above freezing, and the snow was a little sticky, and then the winds picked up. He said there were thousands of them spread out over a number of fields.

Most of these were about 6-8" in diameter, and about 4" wide. But sometimes these snowrollers can be bigger than that. In some of these photos you can see the tracks made by them as they are rolling up, but the winds will sometimes cover the tracks making them hard to see. "

via WCAX

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle

Hi SCott
Very Interesting....First I have ever seen, I thought they were covered Hay bales, but then how come the hole in the middle,
Mother Nature does some amazing things.

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames

I've heard about these but never seen them. Like Kate says, nature sure does some amazing things!

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse

Never seen them in the UK. (or here)

Posted 1 year ago

Scott

I guess we can have powdered donuts to go along with the

GIANT HAY MARSHMALLOWS ! (for Kate)

Via

Pterodactyl poop?

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle

Thanks Scott,there seems to be a you tube vid for almost any scenario :):)

I loved this one,from within your link. Sarah will I am sure have a comment :):)

Love how they really are enjoying themselves, going back to the top again and again :):)

Snow Dogs!

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle

Amazing!!!!!

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames

@ Kate - somewhere I read about someone's dog (a labrador) doing just that. Terriers don't generally do things like that (they might if growing up with a dog who does do it though <LOL>), so I shrugged it off as a bit of an exaggeration. Pretty cool to see it in action though! Never thought they would actually be so human ;)

Posted 1 year ago

Scott

Those labs likely have owners that shred.

Posted 1 year ago

jcx

@ Drizzle, made my day, I have a German friend acts the same way!

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.