The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Snappyfax - uninstalling

(2 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by savon19
  • Latest reply from mysticgeek
  • Topic Viewed 2765 times

savon19

I have VHP and installed Snappyfax for evaluation the other day. When it didn't work, I went to Control Panel & uninstalled. (In retrospect, I should have checked to see if the program came with its own uninstall program! grrr.)

Anyway, it will NOT uninstall properly - so I then tried to delete the 2 folders on computer. I was unable to delete one file. I went to the site's support who emailed me back, telling me that Windows won't uninstall if the box is checked telling it to run at startup. So I did that, but I still can't uninstall... I will ask about it again on their site...

But I was hoping someone could recommend a fax program that will work with VHP & DSL. It amazes me that I had a pre-installed program on my old computer that worked like a charm. I found out from Dell that a fax program comes with Ultimate, but not Premium (how rude is that??).

Sorry for being so wordy!

Posted 6 years ago

mysticgeek

Yes unfortunately Vista Ultimate and Business editions are the only one to include Windows Fax and Scan.

I guess I don't have a recommendation for a third party software. May be try this:
http://www.efax.com/en/efax/twa/page/download

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!