The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Snap doesn't work?

(6 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by GKI610
  • Latest reply from GKI610
  • Topic Viewed 3542 times

GKI610

Clean installs of 7, both 32 & 64 bits, doesn't seem to allow me to snap windows to the sides. I have a 19" 4:3 monitor at native resolution (1280x1024), and Home Premium. Is a widescreen necessary, such that the windows don't overlap to begin with?

Posted 4 years ago

baldeguy56

GKI610, check out this page. I hope the few suggestions given there will help...Garry

Posted 4 years ago

GKI610

The Mouse "Snap to" works as it always has. I was under the idea that you could 'snap' a window to one side, then another to the other side with the mouse. If that is not true, then the WinKey+Arrow is the only method, correct?

Posted 4 years ago

InterPC

You should be able to drag an open window with your mouse to the side of the screen and it will then snap to the side of the screen as well as using the Windows key + an arrow.

Posted 4 years ago

GKI610

It hasn't on mine yet on any clean install. I drag the widow but it doesn't hook up to the side & go half screen, like it does with WinKey+arrow.

Posted 4 years ago

GKI610

Well, I gave it the old college try: Push it all the way in, and it does the trick. I thought you had to get it just near or just past the screen edge. Pushing 'way in works. Solved. Thank you, guys.

Accepted Answer · Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.