SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Small Blue Screen of Death in Windows 7?

(4 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by zephyr1034
  • Latest reply from oliverpowell
  • Topic Viewed 992 times

zephyr1034

Twice now, I've gotten a blue screen of death in my Windows 7 computer. The text box was very small. The first time it didn't give me a chance to read it before rebooting
my computer. This time, I tried to read fast. It said to reboot if this was the first time I'd seen the message. It wasn't and it went on to say
I should check any new programs. At that point, the blue screen disappeared and the computer rebooted by itself.

Any idea what this was?

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark

Could be Hardware or Software related, would need the error code that goes with it, example.. 0x0000005

During restart tap F8 at the POST screen and from the choices select Disable Automatic Restart.

You should then be able to read the message.

Posted 2 years ago

ispalten

If you go to the computer settings (control panel -> System -> left side, Advanced System Settings -> Advanced tab -> bottom Startup and Recovery Button, settings --> Uncheck Automatic Restart and save) that will stop the reboot and you can then read the data and manually re-boot.

Also, BLUESCREEN VIEWER is a FREE app that will access and read your 'dumps' from the BSOD's.

Irv S.

Posted 2 years ago

oliverpowell

1) Make sure that all of your hardware cables are connected and working properly.
2) Varify BIOS settings are correct and set to default.
3) Attach Minidump files located in C:\Windows\System32 folder, in your next reply if the above two options doesn't seems to work.

Hope it helps!!

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.